Fake Grass Patch

mama2riley

So we get our new puppy in about 5 weeks. 3 days after he comes home I go back to work full time so housebreaking will probably be difficult. We do come home at lunch to let the dogs out.

I don't crate the dogs when they're here all day alone. I'll probably crate the new puppy for a few hrs at a time so he knows to go potty outside, but when we're gone for longer he won't be crated. We'll block off the kitchen and keep them there w/ pee pads on the floor. I was wondering if anyone used those fake grass patches instead of the pee pads. I wonder if maybe that would be less confusing for the new puppy especially when he knows to pee on a grassy surface.

any thoughts?

thanks!!

Sorry! I don't have any experience with the potty patches and don't know anyone else who does, either. However, there's probably someone here who knows something about them.

When Dhani was 3 mos. old we went on our boat to Alaska for 3 weeks. I brought a cat box with sod in it and he used it faithfully. If you didn't want to spring for the fake grass, the real thing can be a good idea.

mama2riley

Hmmm never thought about getting sod. I don't know how I'd keep it alive... I want something that can be used long term so I don't mind buying a fake grass patch. I don't want the dogs to have to hold their bladders all day but I also don't want them to think it's okay to pee in the house (unless on the grass patch or pee pad).