Washable pee pads

Pickles' mama

Anyone use these?? If so, what size and who makes them???

oOShih Tzu LoveOo

I don't use them because mine don't potty in the house often enough. But, I thought these were really cute:

http://stores.pawsonpalmbeach.com/-strse-*WASTE-MANAGEMENT-cln-Piddle-Pads/Categories.bok?sfs=fb25d

• Like 1
oOShih Tzu LoveOo

These are even cuter!!

http://www.etsy.com/search?q=Washable%20Pee%20Pad&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

http://www.etsy.com/search?q=Washable%20Puppy%20Pad&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

missy dawn

We HATED the washable pee pads! (We like the disposable kind).Did I mention how much we HATED them.Sheila-(shih tzu dreamer)

I use 2' X 3' ones in the pen when we have puppies - I just bought a bunch of the human ones at the drugstore. If I put them on the floor the dogs will pee on them, but they will also drag them around like blankets. I use disposables in the bottoms of everyone's sleeping pens - put those on the floor and they're shredded to bits in minutes.

luvmybabies

I love my washable pee pads! I've made about 40 large ones (usually about 30" x 30") and about 15 or so ones for my baby maltese who uses a special pen for peeing in as she is so small. I used to use what Pam does and put colourful tops on them of some fabric that absorbs really well. You can get them at the drugstore or Walmart and quite often they put them on sale. Now I go to the fabric store where I have a membership and always get 20% off but I usually wait for sales of 50% off or more and make them from scratch: top fabric, silence cloth (used on dining tables) for the absorbent layer and for the bottom I use hospital grade vinyl or the stuff new mothers use to make homemade diapers as it is much lighter and prettier and works as well. I have a serger so I use that to sew the layers together. With 9 dogs around here disposable ones are not an option as I'd be broke, spending more money on what comes out of the dog than what goes in!! And they shred them or pee on the edges which leaks underneath creating big messes. My washable ones have saved me big money. I usually do a wash load or two a day of pee pads as I don't want them sitting around smelling up the house. Just toss in a Tide pod, some Resolve to wash and a Bounce to dry. They come out smelling lovely and fresh! I have heard some people complain about the smell doesn't come out but I think the secret is to try to keep up with the wash and do it at least once a day. Not too hard with an automatic washer.

• Like 1
Pickles' mama

I made two...I went to goodwill and got two baby receiving blankets, a mattress pad, and a waterproof mattress cover, all for $4.00. I don't have a surger, but I just zig zagged all the way around. They are thick and fantastic!!! I love them.