Maggie&toby12

Dog crates! Since I got Maggie she has had the same crate so has toby. Toby has a black crate that is wire and has two doors and a pull out tray that can be cleaned and it is really nice. we got it brand new before we bought him so he would have a place to call home. Any way when we got Maggie we bought a used crate that is older it is huge and tall and silver and has one door. Anyway it is very eye catching and takes up a lot of room. I decided to save up money and get her a new crate but now i am having difficulties because I have no idea how big I need it. I know most people just want them big enough for their dog to be able to turn around in but i like her to have extra room for a bed and room to walk but not huge. I found one online that I like and it comes in different sizes:

Which should i get?

22" L X 13" W X 16" H

24" L X 18" W X 19" H

30" L X 19" W X 21" H

oOShih Tzu LoveOo

We always use 24" crates! They are the perfect size, IMO, for Shih Tzu :).

That's what I have for Bosco (24") and he is bigger that your average Tzu. You only want it big enough for them to turn around in and lay down to sleep comfortably for them.

Luna

Normally I like a 24" x 'whatever' crate for Shih Tzu. If you want a bed in it PLUS more room you will need the larger one.

Maggie&toby12

Thanks everyone!