Question re: male behavior after neuter

I Just had Pepper neutered last week everything went fine although he had one testicle that had not dropped. He better and as spunky as ever. My question is the interaction between Chloe and Pepper and I am wondering if it will just run it's course. Pepper is going on 7 month, he started lifting his leg a 5 months now he is trying to mount Chloe and lick her all around her ears? She is basically irritated with him gives him the growl, she won't sleep next to him either. There great when they play together I just wonder about this and if it will subside or what?

Will males calm down after their neuter or is that just what we want to believe, of course since I had Chloe spayed she is just as moody as ever ( probably perment menopause poor thing).

Luna

Mounting is as much a display of dominance as it is sexual. I have a couple of intact males that NEVER try to mount anyting but a bitch in season, and one neutered (at 7 momths) male who will mount anything in sight to display his superiority. It's more a dominance thing than a sexual thing.

oOShih Tzu LoveOo

Mounting is as much a display of dominance as it is sexual. I have a couple of intact males that NEVER try to mount anyting but a bitch in season, and one neutered (at 7 momths) male who will mount anything in sight to display his superiority. It's more a dominance thing than a sexual thing.

Daisy mounts Peaches ALL the time! lol

Marlen

Michaela thank you so much! You'll ask why? My mother keeps insisting that if we had 2 female dogs we wouldn't have the mounting problem. I told her no, that it's still a possibility and she didn't want to hear me :D Now, she relaxed a bit ^_^

mom2Gizmo

Gizmo licks my other dog all around the ears and face when he gets overexcited as well. He will be 5 years old in July and was neutered at 7 months old.

mom2emmy

Our shih tzu before bailey was a female and mounted everything. My brothers chocolate lab a body pillow. Anything really. Bailey prefers the girls and not much else. Well one time my one year old niece :rolleyes:

Laurence Pack

I have only had one male dog in my life--all others females and Tiger has NEVER mounted anything but the girls--that is another story--LOL

Willow likes to even try to mount Tiger

I am starting to think raising the boys is easier. To take Tiger out we just need a "potty tree" and he goes right away, now Willow gets distracted and forgets we are on potty break or gets so picky on where to actually "go"

luvmybabies

LOL. I find my girls when they decide to pee, pee. My boys have to water a whole bunch of things before you can even think they are empty. My Benji can be peed up to 5 pees just before entering the ring and many times does the unthinkable....pees on a pylon or piece of equipment. Connor is almost as bad!! This behaviour disqualifies you so I get a little irritated but dogs are dogs! My girls have never done this...... Not all boys do this though (thank Goodness) as Brady and Majic have not ever done it. Is it a Tzu thing?!