its been awhile since I been on here but my puppy is now almost 7 months old and I been training hr since she was 8 weeks old to use pads still sometimes she want use them also im having many problems with her biting when you wanna pet her and growling any sugestions?

Marlen

Ah, biting and growling when trying to pet her? That sounds a lot like aggression to me. But, there are various cases I can think of. Ok, so first, you mentioned pee pads. So, do you reward her, pet her and all in all sound excited when she uses them? If you have and she still has accidents, she might have a small bladder, or she might pee when she's excited (female dogs do that) so it also depends on the circumstances. If she pees and hasn't shown any signs of wanting to do so, she might have a health problem (can't control her bladder) or you might be looking at an extra dominant girl who's actually marking the house (and that's my guess). Because, you also mentioned growling and biting when petting her. Most people think it's okay to pet a dog whenever they like and some dogs are submissive so they tolerate it, or even like it just because they're cuddly. However, dominant dogs that think they're the boss won't allow being petted whenever you like but whenever they feel like it. Dominant dog aside, you might be petting her at wrong times. When she's trying to sleep, or when she faces away from you and she might be startled etc. Sometimes it's important to look at your dog's body language. post-10227-0-88630700-1371536483_thumb.j The image is not the best but it will help you understand your dog's signals. So, apart from pee pad training, has she received any other training (obedience, like sit, lie down, stay etc) and do you have rules in the house? For example, my dogs sit down when I take the food to them, I put it down and I make them wait several seconds (up to 20) before giving them the ok to go eat (and yes, even my 3 months old Jolie is doing that). It might seem a small gesture but it's quite rewarding because the dogs focus on you, not the food plus, it's a good mental exercise for them. Having a dog is a great responsibility and you always have to be the provider, I groom, walk, play, train and feed my dogs. Meaning, I'm involved in every aspect of their lives and everything the want/do comes from me. In any case, it's complicated but, my immediate advice, take her to dog classes, or train her yourself. Set some rules (like when you first take a dog, he/she's not allowed to roam in every room). If you let her be the boss and do just what she wants, she'll do an excellent job in training you :D As for the pet her problem, did she have it right away or did it develop as she matured? My puppy Jolie came to us when she was 2 months. As a puppy she wanted to bite plus she didn't know us. So, when you touched her, she turned around to bide us. However, she got used to us, plus when I petted her I offered her a treat and never-ever got frustrated or angry because they can pick up our feelings. Try doing the same with the treat but I tell you, it's complicated and I might have confused you even more because I can't know what the situation is. I also suggest contacting a trainer nearby you, he'll be able to identify the problem by observing your interaction with her. I sure hope you'll find a solution to your problems! ^_^