My little missy is great at night in the crate and holds it about 4 hrs, but during the day I'm not sure why, but won't pee outside and will wait till we come inside to pee on the floor. I don't sold her, but I can't understand why. She poops outside and like I said at night holds it for hrs. Should I maybe crate her while at home. I work at home with kids so right now she's only being crated at night.

For crate training to work, it must be adhered-to 24/7. When we are house-training, I set up a portable x-pen in the yard and puppies are taken straight from their crates to the pen at potty time. They quickly learn that pottying in the pen brings pets and a treat, and pottying indoors brings a "No, bad puppy!" and a trip back to the pen, lol.

A good friend of ours has two of our puppies (half-sibs from litters a year apart). She refuses to crate and swears that both pups thought their name was "outside peepee" for their first month or so at her house!

• Like 1

I know your frustration. I potty trained my pup with the Puppy Apartment with a pen. Worked great! She just turned one and the only problem is she will only go in her liter box (bottom pan of PA with a pee pad). Never outside. I've tried. Walks, outside commands and nada. Soon as she comes in she goes to her liter box. I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm an older woman, we have huge hawks and our winters are bad so this is a blessing in disguise. Just be thankful you don't have a big dog I know I am.

post-8819-0-02077900-1358289317_thumb.jp
luvmybabies

Go to: ZeroOdor.com to see an odour remover that really does work. There is no odour when you finish treating it (after about 1 min.).

It may smell slightly like bleach for a few seconds.

Go to: www.FizzionClean.com to see a product that works on both the odour and stain on your carpets etc.

Try Amazon to get these products as it is probably cheaper there. I usually get them from Pet Product Advisor and they have special deals on them occasionally so I load up then.

I use homemade material pee pads (for five little ones) and when I wash them use Tide pods and Resolve Bright and White. I'm sure if you first of all sprayed the mats with the Zero and washed them with the Tide and Resolve you would have them completely "clean". I now have mostly linoleum in my house now but no odours!

The others that pointed out to you that your dog may not like going on "dirty" pads may be right. My dogs will tolerate a total of 2 puddles on each of the 3 pads I normally have down (most of my pads are pretty big, too) and if the pads are too dirty for their liking they will find elsewhere to go. Needless to say I keep an eye on the pads, LOL. Another thing.....some of them won't poop on the same pad as they pee on.