Help he potties on us

sharonelaine

We got Jasper almost 4 weeks ago at almost 6 weeks old. He is doing really well in the crate has never pooped in there and doesn't pee hardly ever in there anymore, but the problem I am having is when he is in our laps with no warning at all he will go to the bathroom on us. He seems to pee a lot on us and has pooped on my oldest daughter and my husband. Why would he do this and how do I make him stop? He will potty on the floor still. The only place he can be and give us any warning is in his crate. I have no issue with him being in there but I don't want him to have to stay in there until he's housebroke. We all love to hold and play with him.

My mom and I had a puppy that did this when I was growing up. This was 30 years ago so I cannot remember how we got him to stop but we did. I do remember my mother buying those puppy pads that we would put in our laps while we were holding him. The washable ones work better. They stayed in place better.