Training treats?

Pudgy_Bailey

Anyone has recommendations for training treats? I've not found any that is satisfactorily healthy, safe, small and enticing for training Bailey. I'm thinking of making my own but my exams are coming up and bailey has chosen this period to do some good successful training.

I have accepted the fact that she is probably more stubborn than BoyBoy who loves to do tricks to please us.

On a side note, days before she turns 1,

WE FINALLY HAVE 'sit' 'down', 'paw' and 'up'!! All in two days :) So proud of her :D (been using some hard biscuits from a friend's dog which she takes forever to chew)

• Like 1

I use just about everything (that's safe and healthy for our furballs) ! Now that I'm more active and walk 7km a day, I use the walks as training sessions ;) I've used hard biscuits, some non-fat cheese or turkey (though it smelled and the dogs in my neighborhood suddenly wanted to come near me :whistling: I wonder why lol ) But, the best so far is...kibble! I use the puppy kibble which is small. Nutritional, healthy and yummy :D

Scout's Mom

I use Wellness WellBites and Wellness Just for Puppy Treats. They are soft and can be cut into smaller pieces (I cut and use smaller pieces when training), Scout goes nuts for these (and she can chew them quickly). I've tried other options such as kibble and green beans but to no avail.

Good luck and congrats on Bailey's progress, that is great!!! :D

product-lg-dog-treat-wellbites-lamb-salm

• Wholesome Grains, Fruits & Veggies you can see
  • Wheat Free
  • Contains No Corn, Soy, or Artificial Colors or Flavors
  • 2 kinds of fresh meat in each flavor
  • Perfect for training, treating or just plain spoiling!

I also used Wellness Just for Puppy Treats and later Wellness WellBites. I cut them into small pieces. Zeedo loved them. He started classes very young, but had no problem with these treats as they are soft. They have great ingredients too.

Edited by chrdso

I usually use tiny bits of chicken, beef or cheese. And EVERY dog I know LOVES Little Jacks!

Sophie's Haven

I use Wellness WellBites and Wellness Just for Puppy Treats. They are soft and can be cut into smaller pieces (I cut and use smaller pieces when training), Scout goes nuts for these (and she can chew them quickly). I've tried other options such as kibble and green beans but to no avail.

• Wheat Free

Where do you buy this product?

• Like 1
Scout's Mom

Jeannine - They have them at Petsmart and Petco...amazon online too!

Sophie's Haven

Jeannine - They have them at Petsmart and Petco...amazon online too!

Thank You!! Will check this out next time I am in town.

oOShih Tzu LoveOo

• Wheat Free

These are Daisy's FAVORITE treat's! They're perfect for training, too! :)

Pudgy_Bailey

I've just recently found the wellbites in the pet store and have wondered abt them. But they are always smushed and very crumbly. I'll get a pack the next time I'm out :)

I attempted cheese once, using my day's gourmet cheese thing. Shhhh... Hahaha. But the cheeses I found at the stores are quite salty :( as was the ham that I was recommended.

Scout's Mom

I've just recently found the wellbites in the pet store and have wondered abt them. But they are always smushed and very crumbly. I'll get a pack the next time I'm out :)

I attempted cheese once, using my day's gourmet cheese thing. Shhhh... Hahaha. But the cheeses I found at the stores are quite salty :( as was the ham that I was recommended.

Actually, I also had that problem when I bought my last bag at Petco, they are always hanging up and I wonder if that gets them smashed. I usually buy at Petsmart, they are on shelves and aren't usually smashed but who knows if that really makes a difference I guess.

As for cheese, I've heard that dogs loves Cheese Please and they are low salt (can also be eaten by cats and humans!). I am going to try a box when I start running low on treats they seem to only be available online though and I try to avoid shipping costs when possible. Ugh. LOL.

cheese-final-285x433.jpg

Have you ever enjoyed a dog training treat as much as your dog? Cheese Please is a human snack disguised as a training treat that takes 'sharing' to a new level. Ideal for training, rewarding and spoiling, each treat contains only 3 calories of 100% baked Wisconsin cheese - that's it. Dogs love cheese and Cheese Please is the healthiest and most wholesome way for them to enjoy pure cheese...especially when it's 99% lactose free.

•Just ONE ingredient: pure Wisconsin CHEESE

•Only 3 calories per treat

•Made and sourced in the USA

•One-of-a-kind patented baking process

•99% Lactose Free

•2 year shelf life

•No sugar, no trans-fat, no MSG

•No grains, no wheat, no corn, no soy

•Low fat, low carb, low sodium

•Share with yourself - delicious in tomato soup, salads & in pasta

****sorry for all the edits, my fingers just aren't with it today...and excuse any typos I've missed!!****

Edited by Scout's Mom
Vicky & Pebbles

I like and use wellness too because Pebbles likes it!

Those are her "big" treats along with Pet 'n Shape Freeze Dried Chicken Liver. She'll get them after any type of grooming activity, and after potty on pad (while in the house).

For training sessions, I like Simply Nourish Freeze Dried Chicken I get at PetSmart. High value and, after soaking in water for a few minutes, it's just like feeding them cooked chicken. You can separate small amounts easily with your hands and Bailey will probably go nuts over it.