Lacey is rebelling, but why?

Summerangel

I'm not sure how to explain this, but I'll have a go.

Before Donte had his op they were both very good at going to the toilet outside. We would take them out to toilet at 10pm and be up about 5.30 we've had no accidents for a while at night... I leave them from 8.30 in the morning and back at 12.30 for lunch, and most of the times no accidents. And even if there was in the day, it can't be helped as I'm not there to let them out. So I don't say anything, I just let them out to toilet.

Anyway since the op, I've noticed Lacey is having the odd accident. I don't always shut them in the kitchen while we eat. But one day I did and Lacey did a poo in the kitchen, she hadn't been in there 5 minute. Normally she asks to go to the toilet. Actuallly they both ask now... But no, she didn't ask.

Then last night I took them out at 10pm, Donte went wee straight away, and she wouldn't , we was out there 10 minutes. We came in. I gave them their bedtime biscuit. Checked on them 5 minutes later and she had been wee ( I know it her, as I have to have a feel underneath to check who's been)

Again to today I was having my shopping delivered so I put them in the kitchen, few minutes later, she had been wee. I took her to the wee, I showed her and told her NO! Then Sometimes I then put her straight outside, just enough to say, that's where you should of gone wee...

I NEVER use the kitchen as a bad place to be. Sometimes they choose to go and sleep in there in the day if I'm here. But it is where they sleep at night and they've always been ok with this.

The only thing different is Dontes little op!!!

It's not like we pushed her to one side and gave Donte all the affection!! She still had her cuddles and treats for going to the toilet !

Why is she doing this? What can I do to stop her?

It feels like I've done something wrong :(

• Like 3
Sophie's Haven

Take a look in the sky tonight.......are you having a FULL MOON? She is just be a Tzu.....having her way!! I know it sounds like crazy but when my guys start doing things out of the norm, it is usually a FULL MOON. Within a day or two all is back to normal. Just a thought............

• Like 6
babybluegirl

Sorry to hear this about Lacey Julia, I'm afraid I can't offer much advice in this area, but I'm hoping things resolve for you real soon :)

babybluegirl

5:31pm

• Like 2
Missysmom

Take a look in the sky tonight.......are you having a FULL MOON? She is just be a Tzu.....having her way!! I know it sounds like crazy but when my guys start doing things out of the norm, it is usually a FULL MOON. Within a day or two all is back to normal. Just a thought............

Oh my gosh Jeannine you are so right, the changes in an animal during the full or new moon are unbelievable. Our beloved Austrialian Shepard, that we lost to illness last spring, her behavior was seriously affected by the moon cycles (both new and full), she even got up on tables, broke things etc. and my how strong she got when trying to get out of our grip.. We could literally mark our calendar by her behavior. Even the vet agreed that was what was causing her strange behavior apparently she too had encountered and seen this before; I was just happy the vet didn't think I was crazy!!

Good luck Julia but I would certainly watch your calendar like Jeannie said and see if there's a pattern.

• Like 3
Pawz4me

At their age I'm not sure that a little back sliding in house training isn't to be expected.

But it's also possible that she has a UTI. If it continues I'd get her checked, just in case.

• Like 3

You are dealing with a "teenager", and...there's a reason they're called bitches!!!!

• Like 6

I've noticed with mine that sometimes with just the slightest change (at least in MY mind) they will have a set back.

Though I certainly agree with the possibilities already mentioned.

Hopefully this will pass in a few days and Lacey will be back to her normal self!

Do keep us posted!

Vicki

• Like 2
Summerangel

I took them out at 10pm to go toilet, both went wee very quickly. They had their treat for going to the toilet. Then came in, went straight to the kitchen, ready for their bedtime treat. I let them settle in the kitchen for bed, as I do every night, went back to check 5 minutes later as I thought I could smell something. Lacey had gone poo!!! :(

What can I say... I've got one eye on her and I'm watching her like a hawk....

I will keep you posted :)

Summerangel

I've had my babies 12 weeks now. They have never woken me up in the night, even when I they needed the toilet they would just go in the kitchen. As I have said before, for a few weeks now they have been very good going through the night and we haven't had any accidents.

Wait for it...

Lacey kindly woke me up at 1am this morning. I'm not really sure why. So I let them out to go toilet and they both went wee straight away. I put them back in the kitchen. No talking, I wanted them to understand it's not play time at 1am in the morning...

Anyway, I'm soooooo grumpy when I'm woken up abruptly ;)

It will be interesting to see what she has instore for me tonight ;) lol

• Like 3
Summerangel

It is morning , she didn't wake me :)

but see my other thread about asking to go out all the time ;)

• Like 1