Shredding pee pads??

Amy0515

:crash:  I'm aggravated with my sweet, innocent little stinkers!  They keep shredding the pee pads.  I have made sure that they are going outside to play, they have tons of toys to play with to keep busy, I play with them, my son and husband play with them, so I know they can't be bored.  If they get bored, they even play with each other.  :chase:

I have put the pee pad inside a holder in the hopes that it will hold it down and prevent them from shredding it to pieces.  Teeny, tiny little pieces.  No dice!  They have figured out how to get the pee pad out of the holder.  Then the twin terrors chew the pee pad into a zillion pieces that are strewn all over the floor.  They even chew on the pee pad holder and have figured out how to get those latches on the sides to pop up and release.

So, next I try a washable pee pad.  They chew on it and drag it everywhere but where it should be.  Granted, they do pee on it but they like to chew on it as well.  Ugg! 

Any suggestions to stop the shredding (did I say TEENY, TINY pieces?) of the pee pads?  

Edited by Amy0515
  • Like 3

At our house, the dogs see the disposable pee pads as just a big paper towel or tissue with a weird side.  I use washable pee pads (for incontinent adults) that I buy at the drugstore for baby puppies (the few times I have tried to replace them with disposable pee pads even a 5-week-old litter will shred them...and they are just starting to cut teeth) and disposable pads to line the pans under their elevated pens when they aren't out.  They will occasionally drag one around, but for the most part they leave them alone.  However, I have several intact males who insist on over-marking each other, so my gang is pretty-much confined to the kitchen, garage, and the big dog run in back of the garage.  And frankly...my girls are horrible markers so they can't be loose either.  Yes, females mark too.  That's why we can't have beds.  If you so much as drop a dish towel on the floor around here it's a race to see who can pee on it first.  I put down a few washable pee pads in the kitchen and throw a few old towels on the floor for them to sleep on if they wish (which usually get marked by the end of the day anyway).  Needless to say, I do a LOT of dog laundry.

• Like 6
PipsMom

:judy:The little stinkers. Yes think us pee pad users all go through that stage. Good news is they do out grow that obsession eventually. Some people on here use the artificial grass thing....they will pop in soon and tell you all about them.

• Like 3
Missysmom

Twin terrors, I Love it!!:judy:

yep we have a Pet Loo, works great but then again Missy isn't a puppy so not sure, hopefully someone with a puppy that has one will pop on and say if it works for them. Anyway here's the link if you want to read about them, we swear by it since Missy Refuses to go out in the rain! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002DD5B2E/ref=twister_B002RL9E5M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Missysmom
  • Like 4
Amy0515

Right now, they are looking at me as if they know I'm talking about them.  They are trying to make me feel guilty!  

Needless to say, I do a LOT of dog laundry.

Me too!  I been doing a whole load a day since I got them.   

• Like 3
PipsMom

Right now, they are looking at me as if they know I'm talking about them.  They are trying to make me feel guilty!  

:roflmao:

• Like 3
Amy0515

I just had to run to the drugstore and I wasn't gone 15 minutes.  I came back in and low and behold SOMEONE peed on the washable pee pad AND it was all bunched up and they were laying on it.  Just shoot me now!  On to the washing machine.  

They are looking at me with those big, sweet eyes and I can't be mad at them.  LOL

• Like 6
missy dawn

I havent even thought about this.lol. i hope Bristolle Noel doesn't shred the pads .the rest would go crazy not knowing what to do.lol

• Like 3
Amy0515

yep we have a Pet Loo, works great but then again Missy isn't a puppy so not sure, hopefully someone with a puppy that has one will pop on and say if it works for them. Anyway here's the link if you want to read about them, we swear by it since Missy Refuses to go out in the rain! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002DD5B2E/ref=twister_B002RL9E5M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Just had a chance to go look at this.  I love it.  It is a bit on the pricey side for me right now but by the time I keep buying all these wee wee pads, it might be just as economical.  

At our house, the dogs see the disposable pee pads as just a big paper towel or tissue with a weird side.  I use washable pee pads (for incontinent adults) that I buy at the drugstore for baby puppies (the few times I have tried to replace them with disposable pee pads even a 5-week-old litter will shred them...and they are just starting to cut teeth) and disposable pads to line the pans under their elevated pens when they aren't out.  They will occasionally drag one around, but for the most part they leave them alone.  However, I have several intact males who insist on over-marking each other, so my gang is pretty-much confined to the kitchen, garage, and the big dog run in back of the garage.  And frankly...my girls are horrible markers so they can't be loose either.  Yes, females mark too.  That's why we can't have beds.  If you so much as drop a dish towel on the floor around here it's a race to see who can pee on it first.  I put down a few washable pee pads in the kitchen and throw a few old towels on the floor for them to sleep on if they wish (which usually get marked by the end of the day anyway).  Needless to say, I do a LOT of dog laundry.

Luna, where do you get your washable pads?  I've been looking on Ebay and Amazon trying to find the most economical since funds are tight at the moment.  

• Like 2
Missysmom

Just had a chance to go look at this.  I love it.  It is a bit on the pricey side for me right now but by the time I keep buying all these wee wee pads, it might be just as economical.  

Yes it is pricey, we had to bite the bullet since Missy refuses to go out when it's raining and she decided to use our screen porch for her potty area, which was Not an option! We knew, with her hate of water and the amount of rain we get here, this wasn't going to change, so this was a lifetime issue and investment for us. We were able to find it on Dr Foster and Smith on sale but it's the same price right now.

We tried potty pads and she decided that pee pads were, well, for Pee! So Yes she still uses those too but only to pee and poops on the grass box-- yes she is a piece of work! Thankfully PetSmart regularly has good sales on potty pads!

• Like 3
PipsMom

❤️❤️❤️❤️ Love ❤️❤️❤️❤️  Your new signature picture Amy !

• Like 3

Luna, where do you get your washable pads?  I've been looking on Ebay and Amazon trying to find the most economical since funds are tight at the moment.  

I just buy them at the local drugstore.  I have about a dozen of them right now and do dog laundry every other day.

• Like 3
Amy0515

❤️❤️❤️❤️ Love ❤️❤️❤️❤️  Your new signature picture Amy !

Thank you!  Missysmom made it for me.  :)  

• Like 3
Missysmom

And I owe a Huge thanks to Crystal who taught me Everything I know about making them! :pash:

• Like 3