Ponsit

Hello everyone don't know if you would like it or not but my nationality is Filipino and this is one of our favorites that I would like to share with you.

PONSIT

Choice of meat Chicken or pork shredded or diced(about 1-2lbs)

1/2 head cabbage, sliced

3 whole carrots,sliced

2-3 packs of Chuka Soba noodles found in Walmarts or oriental stores. In oriental section

Salt and pepper to taste

Soy sauce to taste

1-1 1/2 cups water

2 t. minced garlic

Fry meat in small amount of oil, add garlic and salt and pepper to taste. On the side soak noodles in warm water and, set aside. Add Vegetables and continue to fry until veggies are half cooked. Then add the noodles and stir well. Simmer. Stirring occassionally. Then add soy sauce slowly as cooking and stirring. Be careful not to put too much because it will get too salty.. When noodles are cooked and food has good taste with the soy sauce, then serve with steamed rice. Can sprinkle more soy sauce over food or squeeze lemon juice over your meal as desired. ENJOY makes me hungry...yummmmm!

Dede, I love this dish...have to admit that it's easier to go down to this great Filipino restaurant for an order than to make it myself...remember, I hate to cook. Now I've got a craving...Thanks.

BusterBoo

yummy!!! it sounds great, definitely something I will try.

As for the lumpia (sp?), you just brought back a flood of memories......when we were living in Europe, if we were visiting in Holland, we would go to the equivlent of a chip (french fry) stand and get lumpia. I had forgotten the name after so many years, but I do remember the taste! :aktion033:

Sunlite

Sounds wonderful, thanks for the addition! :baby:

• 1 year later...
gogoblender

[color="#0000FF"]I love Ponsit!
My best friend when I was growing was Philippine and his mom used to alway make Ponsit and Chicken Adobo.
heh, btw, hi everyone, lol
I know sunlite from Admin Zone and followed a link of hers back here.
:music_band:
When I saw Ponsit, I knew I just had to jump in.
Fantastic pic and a pretty yummy sounding recipe.
Good post
:happybday:

gogo[/color]

Tzumommy

I was adopted by my Aunt and Uncle and he was Filipino, I was raise on his food, yes Chicken Adobo or Adobo anything. LOL My DH loves ponsit and of all my Dads recipes it is his favorite. I make it from time to time.

Tam

ShihtzuBeauty

Oooo DeDe this sounds Good!!! I wish I could try it. :chickendance:

you are all welcome for the recipe...I am 3/4 filipino mixed with pinches of spanish and german and irish...funny huh....but my mom was almost full filipino and my dad was full filipino from Cavite city, Phillippines...we were all raised on the filipino food...of course all our relatives were filipino too...so lots of the best food ever...Melissa you can try it it is so simple to make and if you can get the noodles which is the hard part you then got it made...

Gogo nice to meet you..do you have tzus if so post pics please...
I am Dede from Arkansas I have 3 dogs 2 tzus and 1 manny....my first tzu is my angel baby Cricket she is caramel in color and she is 23 months old...my second little girl tzu is Lily and she is white and gold and 27 months old and was a rescue and she has become daddy's little girl..the third dog is our 5 yr old standard Manchester terrier named Tequilla Rose but we call her Tiki..she is dads big girl..also we have a sweet box turtle named Bear Claw cause when I got her she had little bear claw paw prints all over her shell like a little kid drew them on there..but it was a natural mark thus the name Bear Claw she is about 7 yrs old or so...

nice to have you on board,
Dede and the girls.

Shih Tzus Mama

Thanks Dede for that delicious recipe. It sounds so good. I'm sure I can adapt it to my WW points and try it. Sometimes you need a change in your eating regimen and try new things!

• 4 months later...

I love Ponsit and lumpia's, when I go San Francisco where some of my family lives I have a auntie who is married to a Fillipino man and over the years she has perfected her cooking. We always make a big batch of both. We always have our wine and spend a few hours just cooking, I think we have more fun just making it. Now I'm craving Lumpia's dammit, I didn't eat dinner so this sound really good right now.

Can you explain what Chuka Soba noodles are? I've not heard of them