Heart Healthy Recepie

ShihtzuBeauty

ShihtzuBeauty

Ray and I have Totally changed ours and Marks diet over the wknd. This is the first time that he has been willing to give up his favorite meals, and bad habits. :congrats: We threw out all of the oil, sugar, flour, white bread, pasta, anything instant, etc. and we are no longer eating out. We've also given up red meat and have switched to a heart healthy margarine, we've also switched from our 2% milk to fat free and we now use Splenda, I'm soo proud of him and soo glad that he's willing to help me do this.

I was just wondering if anyone has any heart healthy recepies that they would like to share? We've been doing this since Fri. and I'm just looking for a way to "spruce" up our meals w/out adding condiments etc... We've alse brought in all kinds of fresh fruits and veggies. I'm soo proud of him 'cause he Loves everything fried and flooded in butter. I need to lose some weight that I've gained lately, as does Mark but we all need to take better care of ourselves for the long run so we've just decided to jump in and change our lifestyle. :)

Edited by Eve

Wow Melissa! Good for you, Ray and Mark! Unfortunately, I am into the pastas and all that kind of food, so can't help you with recipes. I know the Kraft Food website has some Heart Healthy ideas and I think if you were to do a web search for Heart Healthy you would find quite a bit of information.

Good luck to you guys!!!!

Wish I could help. I packed on about 30 lbs in the past year or so, and when Neal left for Korea I made it my goal to lose those 30 by the time he gets back. Three months later I'm almost 1/2 way there. But it's 3 days of 30 min of cardio and 2 days of 20 mins of strengthening exercises. And completely counting calories. But I LOVE my pasta and bread, could never give them up. Red meat too...gotta have my steak once a week. :congrats: Good for you guys though and I hope someone else can hive you some pointers for some tasty healthy recipes.

Shih Tzus Mama

Congratulations!!!! to you two for taking on this challenge in life to eat better. My husband and I also have been trying to choose better things to eat. Mostly because we are getting older and health problems are starting to arise due to our careless eating choices. Wheat, Bran, fat free, low carb and sugar free are what we look for in foods. I was happy to find a pasta that was made with wheat and actually tasted good. The brand name was Smithfield. You will never know its made from wheat. There's also Pizza showing up made with Wheat crust. There is so much on the grocery shelves that are good for you these days. You just have to look. I never realized that certain nuts are really good for you in moderation. Also Dark Chocolate which is good for your circulation. How about all the fast food chains taking on the challenge to make their foods better by not using Trans fat anymore. Its about time they realize we are getting fat from their foods.

I wish You Lots of Luck

ShihtzuBeauty

Thanks everyone! We've all, including Mark have been doing Great! We've been on this lifestyle change since last Fri. and it's bee relatively easy. We've also made the commitment to not eat out anymore I would rather fry up a turkey burger instead. I made these a couple of days ago and Mark, our biggest critic Love it!

Thanks for the suggestion Judy on the whole wheat pasta 'cause I can make a spaghatti w/that type of noodle instead and turkey burger. I've been doing alot of research on the net to get some heart healty recipes, we just feel soo much better knowing that we're all eating healthier. :pokerface:

Shih Tzus Mama

Thanks everyone! We've all, including Mark have been doing Great! We've been on this lifestyle change since last Fri. and it's bee relatively easy. We've also made the commitment to not eat out anymore I would rather fry up a turkey burger instead. I made these a couple of days ago and Mark, our biggest critic Love it!

Thanks for the suggestion Judy on the whole wheat pasta 'cause I can make a spaghatti w/that type of noodle instead and turkey burger. I've been doing alot of research on the net to get some heart healty recipes, we just feel soo much better knowing that we're all eating healthier. :)

I have my 37 year son eating less white flour and Carbs and he saids how much better he feels and not so bloated like before.