What's Your Favorite Summer Food?

What's your favorite summer meal? It can be at home or in a restaurant

I love summer salads, no cooking no fuss nice and cool

Sunlite

Anything I can grill and a salad. :)

Also fruit, I buy way too much of it. Cold slice of watermelon and a glass of wine, I'm happy :dunno:

I like salads and fruit too.

love

Dede and the girls.

ShihtzuBeauty

:) @Tracy!!! I too like anything grilled, espicially chicken salads. I also like furit and ofcourse the Occasional mudslide, daquari or Baily's on ice. :queen: I don't do alot of cooking in the house during the summer we grill practically everything we eat. :dunno:

BusterBoo

I have to agree with Tracy! If I don't have to cook it, it is always better.

Also have to agree with Melissa......especially the Bailey's (on ice!!!) I make my own so I usually have a good supply.

Oh ya...food too.....anything chicken or seafood on the BBQ, with salad or sliced potatoes and onions (done on the grill!)

OK...now i'm hungry....time to see what's in the fridge!

Anything someone else cooks :dunno:

I once told my nephew that my favorite meal was anything someone else cooks and cleans up after LOL

MisterMom

Brisket, slo cooked & smoked for 14 hours or so, ranch beans & potato salad.

Or pork butt, smoked slo & lo for 18 hours or so, pulled, sauced, on sesame seed bun with homemade cole slaw & cold beer.

Or rare rib eye, with baked potato with all the fixings, and beer batter homemade biscuits with honey butter.

BusterBoo

Or pork butt, smoked slo & lo for 18 hours or so, pulled, sauced, on sesame seed bun with homemade cole slaw & cold beer.

Or rare rib eye, with baked potato with all the fixings, and beer batter homemade biscuits with honey butter.

OK....we are on our way over for supper!!!! Love the rib eye (not SO rare, and never had honey butter but All of that sounds delicious! :dunno:

Sunlite

When do we eat! :dunno:

Yummy..... I'm also a bbq addict. Love slow smoked baby back ribs and pulled pork w/ grilled corn on the cob and grilled veggies. Hmm.. I'll have to dig out my smoker for this weekend.

MisterMom

Give me a holler if your ever in Houston. We had those rib eyes for dinner last night !!!!

I marinate them in granulated garlic, granulated onion, fresh cracked pepper, kosher salt with worchestershire sauce in a bowl with a lid. That way I can turn the bowl to keep the marinate moving. After 4 hours in the fredge, I take them out to come back to room temp. Having a very hot fire in the pit, I put the steakson the non fire side to get warm & pink inside, then 3 minutes over the fire to brown/grill mark them.

We had baked (actually washed, oil with olive oil and salted and wrapped in plastic wrap and steamed in the microwave) potatoes with sour cream, green onion tips, butter, bacon & finely shredded cheddar cheese, all hot & melting together on the steaming potato. Also threw some crescent rolls in the oven.

I couldn't do the potatoes in the oven, because I had my bacon wrapped stuffed jalepeno peppers in their baking and broiling. I stuff them with cream cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, chopped deli ham, cayenne pepper & shredded cheddar cheese. These were the appetizers.

So while the oven was already hot, I put a pan of brownie, the chewy, not cake kind, in the oven for dessert.

Only problem was it was too hot to eat out on the patio & listen to the fountains. :)

Honey butter - take 3 tbls butter/maragine in a small bowl, let it warm to room temp, stir in with fork 1 tbls of honey, place on hot steaming biscuit.

Edited by FairWeatherSmoker

I know I started this but wow, we have some great cooks here!

it is noon and I want to eat bbq

Shih Tzus Mama

If I'm eating out I love BBQ Ribs. I love it when they melt off the bone. I can make a meal of these.

At Home we do a lot of grilling. I love marinating Chicken Breasts and having corn on the cob with lots of Butter and salt and pepper. Macaroni salad with shrimp in it. Fresh Strawberries or Cantelope for dessert. I bought a Bullet and I'm experimenting making smoothies and shakes. They are delicious! Nice and thick. You drinkers :) should try the Bullet for mixing things. I miss my Pina Coladas.

When its real hot we do cold cuts with lots of dips and chips, pickles, salads, etc. We just pick and load up the plates.

I want to stay home from work and have a BBQ too. You guys made me hungry.

Sunlite

All of you are making me hungry! The worst part is I just ate lunch too! :)

I love BBQ in the summertime too!!!!!!!!!!! Corn on the Cob is great too, and those rib eyes...mmmmmmmmmmmm!! I had them last night!

ShihtzuBeauty

OMG you're Killing me! Sounds Awsome! I need to stop reading this thread. :)

my neighbor makes her macaroni salad with chopped green olives in it. It is really good and very simple to make. Just mayo, sugar if you like it sweet, olive juice, added to elbow mac, chopped celery onion carrots and olives. salt and pepper to taste. Watch out for the salt the olive juice is salty.

Anything someone else cooks

Although I'm quite happy to pour the wine!!