Lola's Adoption Story

Gizzie and Lola's Mom

Gizzie and Lola's Mom

I'd been kind of thinking about getting a female Tuz to add to my zoo here. I had decided on a female because I already had 2 males (1 chow and 1 shih tzu) and didn't want to take the chance of another male coming in and the 3 not get along. For 2 months we called breeders and looked at puppies, but I never really did find the right puppy. Sure, I could have taken anyone of them home and fallen in love with them. How can you not? But I just didn't find what I was looking for and kept backing out of bringing one home. I think part of it may have been that maybe I just wasn't ready to bring another "little" puppy back into the mix. Gizzie is still a puppy obviously, but he's an older puppy, getting the hang of potty training and truly not being the work a younger puppy is. With my working the midnight shift and sleeping during the day, I just wasn't sure if I could do a puppy again. So I'd kind of given up on the idea of getting another.

One day my daughter Amber was reading somewhere that her ex next door neighbor had a shih tzu pup she was selling. Knowing the work shih tzu are, I couldn't believe she had a shih tzu pup. This woman had had a Yorkie or something that she just let out the door to go potty all of the time and had no clue where the dog would go (no fenced in yard). The dog disappeared and it was over 30 days before she found it. By then the police in the town they live in wouldn't return Wyatt to her... the people that had Wyatt, had been taking care of him all that time and they didn't steal him. He went into their yard. So Beth never got him back. She never vetted or groomed Wyatt and her son wasn't much better. He lived not too far from me at one time. He had a big mixed breed dog that they had found as a puppy. She never went to the vet either and they had no idea Cam (for Cameron) was a female until she went into heat and they took her to the vet to find out what was wrong with her. Smart huh? Amber told me that Cam was hit by a car not too long ago... Beth had let her out of the car (no leash) and she saw something and ran... right into the path of a car. Anyway, Amber told me about Beth selling her shih tzu puppy and I told her hard telling what kind of shape the pup is in, after all Beth had it. Amber said all the more reason to get it. So I called Beth. She told me the pup was 3 months old, weighed 3 or 4 pounds, was up to date on shots and she had papers. I told her I'd think about coming to see her and that I would call her back if I wanted to see her. Then I decided no, I was going to pass on a puppy for awhile yet.

Amber kept on me and kept on me about Beth's pup. She hadn't sold her yet, in fact she had increased the amount she was originally asking for her by $150.00. (She's a crack/pot head). Amber said Mom, let me go get her from Beth and bring her over for you to see her. I kept telling her I just wasn't that sure if I wanted to do this again, but I finally gave in and told Amber to go get the puppy, but that I was not going to make any commitments. Two hours later, they brought this itty bitty girl to me at work and I knew she was the one and that she was NOT going back. I told Amber to call Beth and tell her I'd give her what she had originally asked for her even tho I would have paid the new increased amount. Beth jumped on it, so I wrote out a check and sent it back with Amber. And little Miss Lola spent her first night with her new mommy at work. LOL Lola had never been to the vet or the groomer, she had a huge wad of gum stuck under her lift front leg where she couldn't even stretch out her leg. Beth said she thought it was a sticker or big cockle burr. Nice. She was underweight and wasn't exactly the best smelling puppy in the world, but I was in love. She was so scared of people. She wasn't 3 months old, she was almost 5 months old and that 2 months makes a big difference in a puppies life. She didn't weigh 3 or 4 pounds, she weighed a little over 7 pounds, thank goodness. And had she been to the vet like she should have been, Beth would have known that. How do you not know how old your puppy is? The only thing Beth was right about was that Lola had papers. I've thought about calling Lola's breeder and telling her that she really needs to start being a little more selective about who she sells her puppies to.

Lola is turning into one happy little girl. She is still timid, but slowly coming out of it. But the 2 pictures will show you were she's come from and where she is now, a little over one week later. She's my little girl and this Princess will never have to live like she was again.

ShihtzuBeauty

Ahh look at her she's such a Beautiful girl :blush-anim-cl: how can anyone not want to cater to her??? :blush-anim-cl: For posting her story.

Wicket's mom

It's so great that you took little Lola into your home! It's a shame she had to spend the first part of her life with that Beth girl but now she's with you in a nice loving home, receiving proper care so she's finally able to come out of her shell & just enjoy life :blush-anim-cl: Just wonderful! And I have to add that she sure is beautiful! :blush-anim-cl:

CrazyTzuLady

I love her new haircut she is beautiful! :blush-anim-cl: She is a lucky little girl to have gotten you for her new mommy!!! Some people should'nt be allowed to have kids let alone dogs!

FairyTail Josette

:blush-anim-cl: for sharing Lola's story. I'm so glad Lola is finally "at home"....being showered with love, affection, and attention, that she so deserves.

I love the pic with her beautiful pink collar and matching bow and t-shirt! Lola is such a pretty girl!

Shih Tzus Mama

Lola's story was so touching and had a happy ending with you as her new owner. Glad she ended up in your arms. She looks so beautiful after her grooming.

I just don't understand some people. I'm glad she's found you.

Gizzie and Lola's Mom

I love her new haircut she is beautiful! :) She is a lucky little girl to have gotten you for her new mommy!!! Some people should'nt be allowed to have kids let alone dogs!

Well, I'm the lucky one, Barb. I can't even describe what I felt when I walked into my vet's office (that's where my groomer works out of) and walked in the back and saw Lola for the first time. Chris, one of the vet assistants who just adores all of my animals, said Nancy, wait til you see them. They did wonderful, never wimpered, and Lola is absolutely adorable under all of that coat. I walked in back and first I saw Gizzie and of course he was handsome. :blush-anim-cl: He'd really needed trimmed. Then Amber said Mom, look in the corner. There was my Lola. I could have cried right then and there. In fact I did tear up. There was this beautiful, tiny little girl with the most beautiful little face I'd ever seen. Obviously when her coat was long, I still knew where she would be brindle and black. But we had absolutely no idea what her little face would look like. But there she was, all groomed, with a pink bow in. There was my baby girl... the puppy that I'd spent a little over 2 months looking for and she was gorgeous. Amber got Gizzie out of his kennel and I went to get Lola and of course Gizzie threw a fit... he wanted Mamma. I got a face full of kisses from him. He's such a momma's boy. So I didn't get a chance to love on Lola until we got home. But even now as I look at her, I can't believe that she's the same furball. Yeah I'm going to make sure Beth sees what she missed out on and what a shih tzu looks like when it's taken care of properly. But Lola isn't going over there, I'll email pictures. I don't want that woman around my baby ever again.

You know,you get more Happy ever after stories on here,& I never get tired of hearing them,little Lola looks like a little Princess.

Another beautiful rescue love story!

emmasmom

She is one lucky little princess! Loved the story, thank you for sharing!

What a wonderful story!!! Some people have no sense about animals and should be treated the same way they treat the poor little fur babies!!! It is great that she has a new home!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Kae+Gizzy

Awww what a beautiful little girl, a very lucky one too!! She now has a forever home with a Mummy that loves her dearly.

A lovely story, thank you for sharing it.

• 2 weeks later...
gypsyqueen

I'd been kind of thinking about getting a female Tuz to add to my zoo here. I had decided on a female because I already had 2 males (1 chow and 1 shih tzu) and didn't want to take the chance of another male coming in and the 3 not get along. For 2 months we called breeders and looked at puppies, but I never really did find the right puppy. Sure, I could have taken anyone of them home and fallen in love with them. How can you not? But I just didn't find what I was looking for and kept backing out of bringing one home. I think part of it may have been that maybe I just wasn't ready to bring another "little" puppy back into the mix. Gizzie is still a puppy obviously, but he's an older puppy, getting the hang of potty training and truly not being the work a younger puppy is. With my working the midnight shift and sleeping during the day, I just wasn't sure if I could do a puppy again. So I'd kind of given up on the idea of getting another.

One day my daughter Amber was reading somewhere that her ex next door neighbor had a shih tzu pup she was selling. Knowing the work shih tzu are, I couldn't believe she had a shih tzu pup. This woman had had a Yorkie or something that she just let out the door to go potty all of the time and had no clue where the dog would go (no fenced in yard). The dog disappeared and it was over 30 days before she found it. By then the police in the town they live in wouldn't return Wyatt to her... the people that had Wyatt, had been taking care of him all that time and they didn't steal him. He went into their yard. So Beth never got him back. She never vetted or groomed Wyatt and her son wasn't much better. He lived not too far from me at one time. He had a big mixed breed dog that they had found as a puppy. She never went to the vet either and they had no idea Cam (for Cameron) was a female until she went into heat and they took her to the vet to find out what was wrong with her. Smart huh? Amber told me that Cam was hit by a car not too long ago... Beth had let her out of the car (no leash) and she saw something and ran... right into the path of a car. Anyway, Amber told me about Beth selling her shih tzu puppy and I told her hard telling what kind of shape the pup is in, after all Beth had it. Amber said all the more reason to get it. So I called Beth. She told me the pup was 3 months old, weighed 3 or 4 pounds, was up to date on shots and she had papers. I told her I'd think about coming to see her and that I would call her back if I wanted to see her. Then I decided no, I was going to pass on a puppy for awhile yet.

Amber kept on me and kept on me about Beth's pup. She hadn't sold her yet, in fact she had increased the amount she was originally asking for her by $150.00. (She's a crack/pot head). Amber said Mom, let me go get her from Beth and bring her over for you to see her. I kept telling her I just wasn't that sure if I wanted to do this again, but I finally gave in and told Amber to go get the puppy, but that I was not going to make any commitments. Two hours later, they brought this itty bitty girl to me at work and I knew she was the one and that she was NOT going back. I told Amber to call Beth and tell her I'd give her what she had originally asked for her even tho I would have paid the new increased amount. Beth jumped on it, so I wrote out a check and sent it back with Amber. And little Miss Lola spent her first night with her new mommy at work. LOL Lola had never been to the vet or the groomer, she had a huge wad of gum stuck under her lift front leg where she couldn't even stretch out her leg. Beth said she thought it was a sticker or big cockle burr. Nice. She was underweight and wasn't exactly the best smelling puppy in the world, but I was in love. She was so scared of people. She wasn't 3 months old, she was almost 5 months old and that 2 months makes a big difference in a puppies life. She didn't weigh 3 or 4 pounds, she weighed a little over 7 pounds, thank goodness. And had she been to the vet like she should have been, Beth would have known that. How do you not know how old your puppy is? The only thing Beth was right about was that Lola had papers. I've thought about calling Lola's breeder and telling her that she really needs to start being a little more selective about who she sells her puppies to.

Lola is turning into one happy little girl. She is still timid, but slowly coming out of it. But the 2 pictures will show you were she's come from and where she is now, a little over one week later. She's my little girl and this Princess will never have to live like she was again.

shes a little hottie from rags to riches
  • 3 weeks later...
Gizzie and Lola's Mom

shes a little hottie from rags to riches

Thank you :( My little hottie needs a trip back to the groomers. LOL