Lola's Adoption Story Part. #2

Gizzie and Lola's Mom

Gizzie and Lola's Mom

About 2 and a half weeks ago I ran into Wal-Mart to get something before I had to be at work. While I was there, I ran into Beth, the woman who had Lola before I did. For the first month I had Lola, if I'd have run into this woman, I'd have probably decked her. But time has passed now and her loss has definitely been my gain, and what goes around, comes around, so I held my temper. Beth asked me how Lola was and I told her Lola was wonderful, she'd never know it was Lola if she'd see her now. Then Beth started in on how happy Lola had been with her, how she sat on Beth's lap and slept with her and she was afraid she wouldn't adjust to anyone but her. Then how she almost had a nervous breakdown when Lola left. I tried my best to keep my mouth shut. I wanted so bad to ask her was she feeding Lola potato chips while she sat on her lap. But I didn't. And there is absolutely no way anyone could have slept with Lola when the girls brought her to me. She smelled awful, so bad that it almost took your breath away and that was after Amber had given her a bath. That first night I had her and she stayed at work with me, it was about all we could do to love on her and cuddle her as bad as she smelled. But I was good, I kept my mouth shut. Then she asked me how much Lola weighed. I thought Lola was still in the 7 pound range, not the 10.7 she is now. So I told Beth she was probably almost 8 pounds now. Beth got snotty with me and told me, you really are porking her up aren't you? That's too much weight for no longer than she's been gone, she only weighed about 3 pounds when you got her. I'd been cool, calm, and collected the entire conversation, but that did it. I told her first of all, I have had Lola almost 3 months now and her weight is excellent. She didn't weigh 3 pounds when I got her, she was over 7lbs, but still malnourished from not eating right according to the vet. But you would have known that if you'd bother to take her to the vet, which you didn't. As far as what shape Lola is in now, she's clean, she gets groomed, she's well fed, but most of all she is loved and adored. She never had any of that at your house. And don't give me that crap about the nervous break down... I sent you pictures of Lola right after she got groomed the first time and you haven't even opened them yet. Yeah, you did wonders with Lola, she's still scared to death of people. I turned around and walked away from her. It would have felt better to deck her.

Oh Nancy, what a vile woman, I am so glad you told her what you thought of her. I know sometime's it's best to turn the other cheek, as it were, but when you have to stand there and listen to blatent lies it's bound to be so frustrating for you. I would have done the same thing.

If I could get my hand's on the person who owned our little rescue kitty I wouldn't like to think how I would react.

I'm just so very happy that you and Lola have found eachother, I wish there were more people like yourself around. No animal should have to suffer neglect or abuse. It make's my blood boil.

Lola is one lucky and happy little girl, she know's it and will always love you so much more for taking her away from her previous neglectful home.

Way to go Nancy,I wold liked to have seen her face when you let her have it.

Good for you. There are times (lots of times!) when the truth needs to be told.

CrazyTzuLady

Well done Nancy!!! :tapfingers5rg: I think I would react the same way if I ever run into the breeder I got Thai from. That though of that lady just makes my blood boil! :wacko:

FairyTail Josette

Sometimes, it helps to vent and get everything off your chest and then, move forward. In order to protect yourself and Lola, I would no longer acknowledge her. You just can't be "friends" or fake being polite with someone that neglects animals and thinks nothing of it. It could be a case with Beth, of pure ignorance and being uneducated, but, I would choose to keep my distance from her in the future, for you and Lola's sake. It's not good for you or your health to get upset, you need to take care of yourself, :) I would no longer engage in any conversations with this woman.

I'm so glad Lola is finally "home" and knows what love is, now. :ohyeah:

Sorry, I sound like your mother here. lol

Edited by Chocolate Shih Tzu Candy
  • 3 months later...
Wally's Mommy

I think you did great in the situation i've got a hot temper when it comes to mistreating animals and i probably would have been taken to jail right from the wal-mart! lol I think you handled it VERY well. and thank goodness for you because that poor little thing could have been in serious trouble if it weren't for you.

Hey i do have a question i'll PM you it's about Wally and where you live.