Epicurious

Wally's Mommy

Wally's Mommy

I LOVE this website I always tweak the recipes for our families tastes but I have to tell you all about the Pasta with Asparagus Pesto I made last night

1 pound penne or other tubular pasta

1 pound asparagus

1/4 cup pine nuts

2 or 3 medium garlic cloves

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

2 ounces freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (about 2/3 cup)

5-6 Large Fresh Basil Leaves

In a 6- to 7-quart kettle bring about 5 quarts salted water to a boil for pasta.

Have ready a bowl of ice water. Trim woody ends from asparagus. Cut asparagus stalks crosswise into 2-inch pieces, reserving tips. In a steamer set over boiling water steam stalks, covered, 4 minutes. Add reserved asparagus tips and steam, covered, until just tender, about 1 minute. Immediately transfer asparagus to ice water to stop cooking. Drain asparagus well in a colander and pat dry.

In a food processor pulse pine nuts and garlic with salt until finely chopped. Add asparagus, basil, and oil and pulse until asparagus is coarsely chopped. Transfer pesto to a large bowl and stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta cooking water and drain pasta in a colander. Add pasta and reserved cooking water to pesto, tossing to coat, and season with salt and pepper.

I actually just pulsed the parmigiano cheese with the pine nuts, garlic and salt instead of waiting to the end. I also added some Shredded Chicken with Italian seasoning (I cheated and bought the tyson precooked and pre-shredded Italian seasoned chicken)

Happy eating! :roflmao:

My BF ate it up last night and took the left overs to work for lunch today!

CrazyTzuLady

I have to try this one it looks yummy! Thank you :birthday_toast: