Out of curiosity...whats your experience? Once your dog was used for breeding or any that you know of did they always mark their territory after even if they were neutered? Like marking in the house? Also if you did not neuter your pup until after they started marking...will they stop? Say you bought a dog or were given one who was once used for breeding or a dog who is not neutered that just marks like crazy....will they stop after neutered? I have never experienced small dogs as my own. I just have seen many people who have them that are not neutered that mark everywhere be it inside or outside. My big male dogs never did. They just seem to be two totally different worlds to me. What is your thought, or experience? :blush-anim-cl:

I am not sure on this subject.

I have onlu owned the one dog my Chocolet Peke Corkey and I had him neutered at 4 mos. so he never hiked or marked prior to and after.

Now, a few years ago we did adopt a collie and he was estimated to be around 5 or 6 years old, and was neutered, but when and at what age I don't know,

but the VERY day we brought him home, my hubby was kneeling down in the yard for some reason, I cannot remember why, anyway Griffin walks over and MARKS my husbands back...LOL

We got a good laugh out of that, altho he (hubby) thinks he urinated on him and I say he was marking him...? LOL

So, maybe, Yeah, there is a possibility they can continue to mark?

Someone here with more male dog experience can answer your question.

I just chimed in to say HI... :blush-anim-cl: LOL

(giggles) I had a male Boxer who did mark my cat! He was a very strange dog though! My Oliver is not neutered YET and I do plan too. I am just curious as to what would happen if I did it too late. Example~ My neighbors Shih Tzu who has never been breed, but is not neutered marks EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING! Every yard, every mail box, car, whatever is in his reach. In December he marked my neighbors Christmas decorations. They walk down the road and he marks it all. Would he stop if he were neutered? He is three years old.

CrazyTzuLady

Huey was not neutered when we got him and neither is Thai but he can't be because of his medical condition, he can't be put under anesthesia. When we got Huey in September at a year old he immediately started marking in the house so of course Thai started to. We got an appointment pretty quickly to get Huey fixed and he did stop marking in the house after a while. Outside is fair game for all three of my little leg lifters though. :wiggle2: