Ewwww Bella

bellasmomma

I know there are a lot on here with poo eaters. Any advice? This morning she decided to sneak off into the front room, poop on the floor and when I caught her she was eating it! Uggghhh....trying to hide the evidence maybe? For such a cute baby, that's just one nasty habit. Now I have to figure out how to stop it.

tzu_delight

I've tried a lot of different concoctions. Nothing has worked this far. My best advice....don't watch! :dede:

Hahaha that is tooo funny! :P

try to catch her spray the offending aticle with vinegar she should go yuk .........do it a few times and in the end she will associate nasty taste with poo eating and stop.........have you tried pineapple give to the dog daily something in pineapple makes the poo taste nasty ...........trouble is some like the taste.........the other alternative is say no nasty and remove it.......

Neither of my current dogs are poop eaters, but our Sookie used to think that poo was the best treat on earth. After trying all of the food additives when the behavior continued we ended up "baiting" several poos with tabasco sauce. She tried it once and never even sniffed another poo again.

ShihtzuBeauty

I've tried tabasco sauce, meat tenderizer and Forbid nothing has worked. I just give a stern "No" and "leave it". Also pick it up as soon as it's put down. If I catch Taffy or Choco attempting to do it and hollar "No" they'll leave it but if I'm not looking forget about it. :D

As soon as mine get finished I'm all "HOORAY! Good girl! Good Boy!" and then give them liver, so they learned that as soon as they are done, if they hear me cheering to race over to me, and they will get a treat..so that makes them not want to hang around the poo..

Sunlite

Emma is my poo eater, and she's awful about it. I tried everything you could possibly think of but unless I'm there to pick it up immediately, she'll get it..... whether then or an hr or 3 or 4 later.....

Wicket's mom

The only thing I have found works so far is pick it up before they have a chance to eat it. A firm no sometimes works; but not always. I have tried different food tricks and that powder stuff from the vet & none of them worked.

The only thing I have found works so far is pick it up before they have a chance to eat it. A firm no sometimes works; but not always. I have tried different food tricks and that powder stuff from the vet & none of them worked.

If I say "NO" to Munky....he just chews faster. :ranting:

As soon as mine get finished I'm all "HOORAY! Good girl! Good Boy!" and then give them liver, so they learned that as soon as they are done, if they hear me cheering to race over to me, and they will get a treat..so that makes them not want to hang around the poo..

Exactly the same here. Neither of mine are poo eaters.

That is a tough one. I think, I say "THINK", Josie has outgrown it, but then I try to get it every time it drops. Maddy, on the other hand, tries to race me to get it. Just yesterday, DH took them out together, and he didn't know Josie might poo, well she did and Maddy scooped in before he could even realize what she had done. He hollered at him, and like Munky, he just chewed faster. Poor little guy, every time he does it, he ends up with an upset tummy. Didn't even want his breakfast this morning. He was fine by dinner, but wouldn't you think he would learn?

Good luck and if you find the trick.....PLEASE SHARE.

Ashley-Mileys Mom

LOL..last night my husband put Miley in her playpen where she potties, and he called out to me that she pooped (i'm the offical pooper scooper,haha) so by the time I got the garbage bag and came upstairs to clean it the whole room STUNK. I laughed and said "it's crazy how stinky this little tiny dog poop is" and casually he says "no thats just the piece she left for you, the rest she ate" LMAO. It was just funny how he said it, like oh no big deal she just had a little snack. :dede:

Shuh Tzus are ardorable dogs..but that is nasty habit!!