My furkids - crate and allergies

Well I've mentioned a few times how much Chico hates his crate! He will NOT go in there for anything in the world, not even for a treat. Every time I put him in, he tries to run out, and cries at night (and last night was one of those nights).

Okay so I just went to put their towels in the dryer after having bathed them and didn't see Chico anywhere. Mind you, my apartment is small and there's really nowhere he could hide where he's hard to find but under the beds and they don't have access to my bedrooms. I look outside on the porch, under the dining room table, and a small corner where he likes to chill, behind the crate, by the couch - no Chico. My cell phone rings and I turn around to pick it up and what do I see?? CHICO chilling inside his crate!! OMG.. We're making progress?? LOL.... :spoton:

I had taken them outside to play for a while. It's a gorgeous day in Orlando and since they're cooped up all day while I'm working I figured I'd let them run a bit. There's a large grassy field in front of my condo and since I don't have a backyard, I took them there (which I've done before). They played, ran around a bit, rolled around, and tried to snack on every dry leaf they could find - well being pups I guess. So we finally come upstairs and Mia starts acting weird - almost like a cat darting around after some catnip, then she starts to scratch uncontrollably and is rubbing her face into the rug. I thought she was being playful for a moment but she did it more and more and then started to whine a bit. I picked her up and noticed her eyelids were swollen and her eyes were tearing. I panicked and wiped her face down but it didn't help. Being that I was taking them to get groomed tomorrow I didn't want to bathe them, but she was too desperate and I bathed her in cool water, blow-dried her and pampered the hell out of her. She's better now, thank goodness!!

So I rambled a bit, but I guess she was allergic to something out there?? I've taken them there before and this never happened, but seems like spring has sprung in Florida! I checked her for any insects/bites too and didn't find anything. My sis told me to keep some Benadryl in the house in case it happens again.

They went to the vet today and Chico weighs 5.2 pounds, Mia is weighing 4.4. So almost 10 pounds together. No wonder my arms start to hurt when I carry them for a while.. LOL.

I guess I'll cancel their grooming appointment for tomorrow since they're so clean, fluffly and smelling so scrumptious!

FairyTail Josette

Glad to hear Chico is seeing the crate as his safe place and a den, now.

So sorry to hear Mia may have some outdoor allergies. You were wise to bathe her. I hope she's improving, now. :judy: