I am so proud of my babies

when we went away this weekend.... we were able to put lea and bert into a sit/stay to keep them out of the kitchens so people could eat or cook!

Usually here at the house when im cooking they want to be under my feet and it causes me to trip and/or step on them etc... So we have been working with them daily by putting them into the sit/stay position while im cooking behind the imaginary line and they listen! hehehe

Its amazing to me that we have done so much training with bert and lea, I never thought I could do anything like it. I had never had a dog prior to maci, and maci was already trained when I got her. But training two puppies is awesome.... I get enjoyment out of taking the dogs somewhere and "making them mind" and people are in aww in amazment.

I dont know who said it but shih tzu are not stubborn and hard to train. If it dont work your just not doing it right. LMAO I use victoria's method and have learned so much from her.

I just wanted to brag.

Edited by Stacey

brag girl brag!! lol.. i love it when my do something I want.. but I must admit. two puppies is not easy! are you using treats? give me some tips!! lol.. i want to be able to brag too!

I do use treats in the beginning but once they have the hang of it then they just get lovins lol

I will still give treats tho if I have some handy but its not on every single command.

If im cooking and I put them in the sit/stay and im dealing with meat or veggies or even some fruits.... I'll walk over and hand them some.. but continue the sit/stay.....

In order to teach them to stay out of the area you want them out of it... ie kitchen....

back them up with your body, I think victoria calls it body blocking, Say sit (if they already know that command) and then Stay continue to say stay and then back away with your hand being held in the stop motion only in front of you.

stop.gif

They are not allowed out of that position until you say so.

CrazyTzuLady

You should be bragging Stacey you are doing an amazing job with those babies. :blush-anim-cl: They are so smart!!!

luvinpreciousntoby

Good for your lil furbabies!!! They're so smart!!! You have all the bragging rights you want... after all, we love to hear about their training.. thanks for sharing!

I do use treats in the beginning but once they have the hang of it then they just get lovins lol

I will still give treats tho if I have some handy but its not on every single command.

If im cooking and I put them in the sit/stay and im dealing with meat or veggies or even some fruits.... I'll walk over and hand them some.. but continue the sit/stay.....

In order to teach them to stay out of the area you want them out of it... ie kitchen....

back them up with your body, I think victoria calls it body blocking, Say sit (if they already know that command) and then Stay continue to say stay and then back away with your hand being held in the stop motion only in front of you.

stop.gif

They are not allowed out of that position until you say so.

yeah i've done the blocking thing.. i've learned alot from Victoria!! i gotta get more treats and cheerios just might be the treat.. I can get a big ole box for cheap! lol.. doggie treats can get so expensive!! keep up the good work and look forward to hearing more of your bragging!! lol

Edited by Riquena
Kae+Gizzy

You brag away Stacey, it's amazing how bert and lea have come on. They are such smart little babies!

Awesome Stacey...you are doing so great with them. So much has to do with consistency....you must have a whole lot of patience to train two at once. 00020165.gif

FairyTail Josette

Brag away....love to hear about the babie's progress! I also love Victoria, like no other...the body blocking is very effective. I agree with ya, Stacey, Josey has always been super easy to train and listens very well.