KristenE

We have been using a towel to cover 3 sides of Biscotti's crate. My husband was thinking that the reason she's waking up so early is because of the morning light. Last night I added a second towel to cover all 4 sides of her crate. Today was the first day since we got her that my alarm has gone off.....she slept in!!!

So I decided to search the web for a better looking crate cover (then my 2 bath towels). I found these http://www.mutthuttz.com/products/ . I just ordered one of the classic mutthutt with a coordinating pillow with water resistant liner (to be safe). I also submitted a picture of Biscotti and got a code to save 10% off my order :dede:. Can't wait for it to get here!! It is going to take an extra week because my crate size is a little different then their measurements but I don't care.

Edited by KristenE
puppy love

This is a very interesting product.. Never thought anyone made them haha. That's a really nice site, too! Good luck, hope it's worth the price :]

tzuhouse

Trust me, it will be worth the price. I had covers for mine when they were kenneled at night and it made all the difference in the world for the exact reason you said, plus noise. I got mine off ebay from a gal in Canada, but she since opened her own online store and I lost the address, but they were similar to what you got. You will love it.

Cackle

They look great. Let's know what you think of it when you get it home.

Covers do definitley make all the difference! Thats a great site, thank you for the link! Please let us know what you and Biscotti think of them! ;)

Tzumommy

OK am I the only one that thinks these are way to expensive?

I could have one made cheaper and match my decor.

Sorry I just could not be quite about how much these cost, I know not everyone can have one made but these are way to much, but they are nice.

Just my opinion

Edited by Tzumommy
Kae+Gizzy

Oh these are nice!! l have never seen them before, we have been covering the top of Gizmos crate with Towels as he like it to be more den like. He doesn't get crated at night, he uses his crate as a bed during the day.

These are fantastic and look very well made, l think Giz would love something like this :)

Thanks for sharing!

KristenE

Tammy,

A few years back I spent 2 years being self employed designing, sewing and selling Custom Boutique children's clothing. I know I could make this myself for less. BUT I have absolutely no desire LOL. I got super burnt out as I took on more orders then I really should have and never really gave myself down time. Now I won't even sew on a button (ok, maybe I would if I really needed to). I appreciate others hard work and if it is something I want I have no problem supporting their business. For the past 2 years I have been self employed as a Custom Portrait Photographer (maternity, newborns, children and families). My business is going very well so if I were to make this myself it would either take away time from my business or my family.

I did look on Etsy before searching the web and I saw some nice ones there that were less expensive but I wasn't crazy about the fabric options.

My total for the Mutthutt classic, pillow,waterproof pillow liner and shipping came to $98.66 (did have a 10% discount). Not bad if you figure that Biscotti is only 4 months old so we'll get years and years and years of use from it.

Cackle

I can't sew a stitch so I wouldn't be able to make them if my life depended on it.

CrazyTzuLady

I love them and I am sure Biscotti is gonna love it to! :) Make sure to post pics when you get it so we can all see. :)

FairyTail Josette

I can't sew a stitch so I wouldn't be able to make them if my life depended on it.

Same here. :)

I always justify the price by how many years I'm going to be able to use/enjoy it. I noticed it's a small business owned by a female. Since, I'm a business owner, I prefer to support other female business owners rather than men. :)

KristenE

I noticed it's a small business owned by a female. Since, I'm a business owner, I prefer to support other female business owners rather than men. :)

SAME HERE!!! I actually emailed back and forth with her several times prior to completing my order. She is very nice and helpful and got RIGHT back to me. So far two thumbs up for Customer Service.

Oh, last night was night 2 of having her crate completely covered (with towels) and Biscotti slept until 7am.......first time EVER!!! I actually woke up at 6:10 because she has my body so conditioned to wake up early. But I rolled back over and went back to sleep :) it was SO nice!!!!!

Tzumommy

I know not everyone does not wants to make them and I understand that,sorry if I offended you .

KristenE

Tammy, no harm done really :). No need to say sorry as you didn't offend me at all.

chloechanel'smommy

It will also look a lot better than towels. If I had the need for one I would get one too. Hope you like it and Biscotti sleeps in.

TheShihtzuation

Aww.. they're super cute!

I have a crate covering quesiton.

My mom has been putting Pokey in the crate in my room in the mornings before she leaves for work.. I have the crate halfway covered but have always been afraid to fully cover it. Will it get extremely hot in there? Will he freak because he won't be able to see? Sorry if these are weird questions.. but completely covering it may allow me that little bit of 5 minute alone time while I prepare to take him out to potty once I wake up. Otherwise once he sees I'm up.. even if he's not up.. he'll be sure to let me know he's there and ready. I've been taking him out while I get dressed but he always runs around so nervously I'm afraid he'll pee before I'm fully dressed!

Edited by thepupstuff

that makes two of us! :)

purdybits

We have been using a towel to cover 3 sides of Biscotti's crate. My husband was thinking that the reason she's waking up so early is because of the morning light. Last night I added a second towel to cover all 4 sides of her crate. Today was the first day since we got her that my alarm has gone off.....she slept in!!!

So I decided to search the web for a better looking crate cover (then my 2 bath towels). I found these http://www.mutthuttz.com/products/ . I just ordered one of the classic mutthutt with a coordinating pillow with water resistant liner (to be safe). I also submitted a picture of Biscotti and got a code to save 10% off my order :). Can't wait for it to get here!! It is going to take an extra week because my crate size is a little different then their measurements but I don't care.

Quick question....do you think it will get too hot? We live in Florida and even with air-conditioning...I'm afraid that it will be stuffy......just wondering.....

MaryBebo

We have this Crate so no need for a cover and it was cheaper than a cover. I really like mine too. :)

Cricket loves to lay in her's, although she sleeps with usat night. During the day she will go put herself in there while I am working. I also bought her a pillow to lay on.

Edited by MaryBebo
KristenE

Where we live it gets super hot (was 107 yesterday). Biscotti does not pant or breath heavy with her crate covered. We do have the AC on but have it set to maintain at 81 (otherwise our bill would be outrageous), and all bedrooms have a fan.

I was nervous that Biscotti would protest being completely covered but much to my surprise didn't. However we did try it the first time on a night my dh didn't have to work the next day. He gets up for work at 3:30am so sleep is very precious to him.

It really is a cute idea & also wonderful if you can get a good nights sleep.I'm like Tzu mommy,I think it's way too expensive.but then,my two sleep all night .I look at something like that & say to myself .Mmmm I could make that at the quarter of the price,& then I never get around to doing it.

purdybits

Where we live it gets super hot (was 107 yesterday). Biscotti does not pant or breath heavy with her crate covered. We do have the AC on but have it set to maintain at 81 (otherwise our bill would be outrageous), and all bedrooms have a fan.

I was nervous that Biscotti would protest being completely covered but much to my surprise didn't. However we did try it the first time on a night my dh didn't have to work the next day. He gets up for work at 3:30am so sleep is very precious to him.

Marley goes into her crate during the day just for some quiet time...I have her water bottle attached to the crate which really helps her to feel comfortable with being inside without the door closed....so when night-time comes she doesn't seem to mind having the door closed....we've been doing this since we brought her home and so far it's been working....

tzuhouse

Kristen, I paid quite a bit for mine too and I know how to sew, but just wasn't up to doing it, so I justified it by not going out to dinner ONE time. Bingo, it was well worth it to me, but each of us has to justify it our own way if need be. Anyway, she won't get too hot unless it is plastic or something which I doubt it is. If you think she it getting too hot, just roll the side against the wall up a tad bit just to let some air flow in, but she still won't see anything on the outside. A crate is their DEN and an area of comfort for them. The cover just keeps out distracting noise and light and makes it even more DEN like. Good luck, let us see pics when you get the cover.