stitch-tzu

Well I rehomed another male Shih-tzu tonight. He's black &white and beautiful. He's 8 months old and William is almost 1 year old.

Is it possible to have 2 males in the same house?

Does anyone else have 2 males?

Do I need to make them a belly band? thanks so much

FairyTail Josette

I'm lost here. So, did the other Shih Tzu go live with someone else? Were you planning to breed both boys? Did the two males have aggression towards one another, so, you have already rehomed the black and white Tzu? Sorry, I'm confused, here.

stitch-tzu

I'm sorry!!! LOL!!! I adopted another Shih-tzu, I was his new home. We also adopted William in March. So now I have 2 males in my home and they are both beautiful and I hope they will make it in the same house. I'm a new dog owner. :blush-anim-cl: Sorry for the confussion!!!!

I'm lost here. So, did the other Shih Tzu go live with someone else? Were you planning to breed both boys? Did the two males have aggression towards one another, so, you have already rehomed the black and white Tzu? Sorry, I'm confused, here.
FairyTail Josette

Are you planning to neuter one of them or both? If you neuter them...it will help with the dominance/marking issue. Everyone that I know that has 2 pet males that are both neutered get along fine. :blush-anim-cl:

Tzumommy

I have three males, they're neutered and get along fine.

Edited by Tzumommy
CrazyTzuLady

I have 3 males and for the most part they get along fine. Gizmo is a sweety and gets along with all of them. Thai is my only male who is not neutered because of medical issues. When Huey came to me in September he was just a year old and not neutered I had major problems for a few weeks with marking and dominance between the two of them. I used belly bands on Huey until he was neutered and his hormones calmed down. Now I rarely have a problem, although I did find one of them lifted their leg on the couch the other morning not sure what that was about. I do still have the occasional squabble between Huey and Thai and when they get going Delila gets in the middle of it to. :blush-anim-cl:

tzukeeper

I have four neutered males and they get along great....never had a problem. I think having a female in heat in the same enviroment may cause problems between two unaltered males. Many years ago I thought I wanted to breed my dogs. After talking to many breeders one of the things that was of concern to me was the interaction of the males. The thought of the two males I had at the time not getting along was one of the main factors in helping me decide that I was not cut out for breeding. Luckily my 2 males were very young at the time and neutering them prevented many of the undesirable habits that boy dogs sometimes aquire. What I learned from other breeders and reading lots of books was that I was just not the type person who could do it.....I fall in love with my dogs and puppies very quickly and no amount of money or promises of providing a good home could make me part with any of them.

I have 3 males and for the most part they get along fine. Gizmo is a sweety and gets along with all of them. Thai is my only male who is not neutered because of medical issues. When Huey came to me in September he was just a year old and not neutered I had major problems for a few weeks with marking and dominance between the two of them. I used belly bands on Huey until he was neutered and his hormones calmed down. Now I rarely have a problem, although I did find one of them lifted their leg on the couch the other morning not sure what that was about. I do still have the occasional squabble between Huey and Thai and when they get going Delila gets in the middle of it to. :blush-anim-cl:

I just know that Tuffy wouldn't lift his precious little leg your couch How could you even entertain the thought.Now Delilah is another story.Do ya think she lifted her leg to fake you out & make you think it was the boys.Thats what Penny would do.

As far as STITCH TZU getting another little boy.I am so envious I love little black & white Tzus,& I would give it a try.Good luck.& just remember with two You'll have Double the pleasure & double the fun.

Wicket's mom

I have 2 males at home and don't really have any problems. They do get into the occasionnal squabble but nothing serious. (Oh, and they are both neutered) I think you'll enjoy having another baby in your home, watching them play and interact with each other. :)

Do you by any chance have any pics of your new little one? :blush-anim-cl:

ShihtzuBeauty

I have two males both neutered no issues other than the typical brotherly squabble But I get the w/the two girls or the girls and boys mixed Yes mine are Heathens! :blush-anim-cl: Congratulations!!! :)

• 3 months later...
tunisianswife

came searching and combing through posts to see if there was one on this topic. so glad I found it and so greatful for all the posts regarding your experiences; is reassuring.

My two that I adopted weren't neutered before adoption but IMMEDIATELY thereafter. they get along just fine.

Just got rehomedoggie male not neutered and he is going Monday for it. seems so hard for me to remember back 6 yrs ago to the behaviors; I remember there were just a few scuffles but not too many. rehomedoggie is so sweet, but when he attempts to sniff the butts, that is when the other two get gnarly. He also marks so I'm hoping that after Monday, this will not be an issue.

thanks all. glad I found this post