Well for the past couple of weeks Lea is getting needy of me to the point of where its annoying.

I use a laptop 100% of the time and sit on the couch due to back problems and cannot sit in the chair for any length of time without getting tons of back aches.

Well anywho....

Lea will walk over to me wanting up on my chest, and if I dont respond she takes her paws and paws at my arms to the point where it gets aggravting. when I move my arm she jumps up and sits right on my chest, im a big girl so she has plenty of cushion but it distracts me when I try to type etc..... well she prefers this spot, no matter how many pillows or dog beds, crates are in the floor, she wants to be right on me........

How do I teach her to stop!????

I put her down, she'll walk away and then come right back in a few mins. Then other times she will go lay down on the dog bed.

I think she will get it eventually. Just keep telling her no and put her down.

MisterMom

That's the problem with these humans, they are so hard to train !!!

It's a matter of wills and depends on who blinks first.

Trudy used to want to sit on my tummy in bed if there was a thunderstorm at bedtime. I couldn't do that, ha. Not too comfy. I put her bedside me and told her to stay. She caught on really quickly. Just be consistant, that is the main thing.

Awe, all I want is one of mine to be a lap dog 205.gifand neither is interested very often....so sorry, I have no sympathy for you....LOL224.gif

FairyTail Josette

Well, that makes two of us, Cathy! I love it when Josey and Mandy follow me around and want to sit on my lap. Josey sleeps on top of me every night. We probably need counseling. :)

Yes, I love how Trudy loves to follow me and sleeps near me, but sitting on my tummy in the bed while I tried to sleep in a thunderstorm didn't work, ha. She understood and just got VERY close next to me so I was able to breathe.

Edited by Sally
FairyTail Josette

LOL

Dont get me wrong I love it, I really do, but I think ive created a monster!

LOL!

Oh my gosh....Stacey, I LOVE your new summer siggy! Sooo adorable!!!!

CrazyTzuLady

Just try to be consistent with whatever method you choose.

I have a hard time telling mine they can't sit on me ;) I am probably another one that needs counseling. LOL

Oliver is only interested in sitting on my head, licking up my nose, in my ears and chewing on my hair! I would love it if he would sit/lay on my lap, tummy, feet, or chest - but no! It's on top of my head or he wants down. He will only sit in my lap if I am sitting on the floor playing with him; then he likes to fling himself into my lap while he chews on his toys. I'll take what I can get... ;)

Pooh's mama

I have a little problem with Pooh being SOO attached to me to the point that I cant walk to another room that I dont feel his cold little wet nose up against the back of my legs. He loves to sit on my lap watching while Im sitting in my recliner. He sleeps with me. Hes became a mamas boy.... I just love it! But there are time It dos get hard to get around with him right behind me. Just keep telling your baby no and he will get the hang of it. They are just like children, they will learn that mama needs her own space sometimes too. Pooh is slowly learning this. But I dont mind. :chickendance: