Ok....Can you stop the "Happy Pee"????

I am going to put gates up now to prevent Sophie from coming upstairs. She jumped in my bed a few days ago when the kids let her out...she already went outside...but she came up to my room, jumped on my bed and tinkled on the bed. UGHHH. I cleaned it with vinager right away...but I still smell it. It is my beautiful feather comforter. :chickendance: It says dry clean only...figures...What will take odor out...is it natures Miracle? I know doggies do this...but can you train them not to? I am thinking you cant...so I am just blocking her from going upstairs for now. What a mean mom I am!

Edited by mchel210
kcsheperd

Ugh..I know, its a pain..Payslee went through this little "Phase" when she was bout 4 months old..She would pee on anything soft, whether it be a new bed I just bought her, a blanket, or my bed! I didn't do much to stop it, other than if I caught her I would say "Outside!" and take her out immediatley..Thankfully, it was just a phase, and she never did it again after that little age period..Now she loves all soft things and watns to be on them all the time, but yeah, I spent a lot of time washing my comforter while she was going through that little PEEEErioud.. I also used Oxy Clean to get out the stains..Good luck!

Your dog has "submissive urination". My sister's pup has this and it's always when someone comes into the house, usually someone who doesn't live there that she's not used to seeing. What helps is not paying attention to the pup when you walk in. Don't greet it in a high pitched loving voice, don't bend down to pet her - nothing - just ignore. As long as she's not getting the attention she wants, she won't tinkle. It's hard not to pay attention to them when they're wanting to greet and play, but it does help with the happy pee. However, I don't think it's something they outgrow.

Here's a link I found after I typed the above - hope it helps http://www.perfectpaws.com/subr.html

Edited by Riquena
tunisianswife

I had a loving beagle of 13 yrs that had the 'happy pees'. I too found by just ignoring her, or 'easing in' the door without much ado, that it would not occur. I would always block off the living room entrance when i was not there so she could not get on my NEW furniture. I came home one day from work and she had wrangled her way into the living room and I found her on the loveseat-like a deer caught in the headlights. first thing I thought of was that she would piddle so I just non-chalantly closed the door and went about my business. she jumped down after a few and no piddle. I know if I had tried to immediately get her off she would have gone.

I love nature's miracle. every once in a while, Peanut won't get it quite all on the pee pee pad and I found it really does do a miracle!