skateboard and a backslide

tunisianswife

Casey had adapted so well to his new environment. He was so happy go lucky, not shy(slightly fearful of men but got over that quickly), sleeps so well all night on the bed, potty-trained and only marked the first day he was here; none since neutered. He has been here 12 days and Sunday was his first birthday. he always would get so excited when we'd 'leash up' to go out for walks, walked so well, etc.

Last evening we had that dog off leash incident and I had to react but looking back on the whole thing, that did not seem to bother him at all. He still continued his walk so I don't think that had anything to do with it.

Later last eve we went out to go potty and as we were walking on the sidewalk, a skateboarder went across the street from a sloped driveway into a parking lot(the kids use an office lot after hours to skateboard). He went nuts! I thought he was going to come out of his collar. He slunked low to the ground, pulled at the leash back towards the apt. building with all his might. I'd never ever seen him be so skittish in the time he has been here. This morning we go outside and he seemed leary. He would not immediately go to the bathroom, looking all around, and I swear Murphy's Law took over--as we were walking on the sidewalk, just as if it had been rehearsed, I'll be darned if that skateboarder didn't zoom out of the driveway and across the street. He did the exact same behavior as the night previous. Needless to say, he would not go outside, kept trying to get to the door, and had an accident in the house. He went to the dogsitter's today just for a couple of hours so I go could go out and shop and when i returned, George told me that he sat by the door and whined from time to time. :ohyeah: He stayed at George's last weekend from sat eve til mon morning and had a ball! I walked over to get him w/the other two and he kept trying to get into the stroller, would try to go off the sidewalk in an attempt to crawl under the cars parked at the side of the street. I did put him in the stroller, as it was too hard to walk him on a double leash, and have the third in the stroller. We sat on the park bench and he was shaking which has NEVER done-not from the first moment I brought him home, not at the vet, never! Again, reached the house and he couldn't get inside fast enough. He did eat very well, is drinking water, did play a little w/Tini tonight. We went outside a while ago and he tried doing a beeline for the door again, but I kept pulling him into the grass and finally he did his business.

He is not concentrating on bathoom when we go outside. He spends his time looking all around scared, trying to get back to the door, slunking to the ground while trying to get to the door and won't go. He did also have a BM in the house which he has also never done.

advice appreciated and how I should handle it. It's like inside the apt. is his fortress but he still is acting a little 'off'-hard to explain, maybe a bit aloof is the best way to describe? I did praise him when he went tonight(and boy, did he go)