Joel Silverman from "Good Dog U" on animal Planet

kcsheperd

Last night I was invited to a free Seminar at my Camp Bow Wow where Joel Silverman, Hollywood Dog Trainer, was doing a Book Signing for his new book "What color is your dog".. He's the guy that hosts animal planets "Good Dog U" each day. He brought his dog with him, Foster, and he was UNBELIEVABLE! I just thought my dogs could do tricks! ha! Foster has done commericals, and all kinds of stuff! Joel also trained dogs for commericals, and Dreyfuss, the Dog that was on "Empty Nest".. He was a very nice guy.

2hxbtwz.jpg

His book talks about how not all dogs can be trained the same way, and their personalities usually fall into one of 5 Colors. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, or Blue.

Red=Hyper, jumping, excited off the wall dogs

Orange=High Strung

Yellow=Mellow

Green=Timid

Blue=Overly Fearful

2rm9nhv.jpg

After the Seminar he agreed to stop by my Show and take listener calls all morning..We had a blast! His little dog, Foster, can mail a letter.. Look at him go! Foster Mails a Letter And he's so cute!

He's also trained Sea Lions, Killer whales, and Dolphins..All the fun stuff is on HIS WEBSITE.

But the book offered some great information about training, proving that not all dogs learn the same way..Blue Dogs can't be trained like Red Dogs, etc.. Here's some of the Interview from the show this morning: Right now he and Foster are traveling around in their giant bus, performing and signing Books! Too fun!

20tl9gl.jpg

FairyTail Josette

OMG....Foster is amazing! I clicked on his website and the link for Foster working...wowza! Foster mailing a letter is very cute. I think he's the smartest dog I've ever seen! They are coming in their giant bus, here, in about 2 wks for a book signing. :ohyeah:

TheShihtzuation

Oh that does look like a lot of fun!!! I bet a lot good questions were asked on the show this morning, I'll have to give it a listen.

On a different note ... the colors on his website gave me a headache. hahaha (thats the webmaster in me talking!)

KC, that is so cool!! I love his show :(

I'm so glad you got to meet him and interact with him & his dog

Thats so cool KC, I'm glad you had a great time :weeping: The whole Colour thing is interesting

I guess Gizmo would fall into the Orange kinda dog :(

I loved the Vid of Foster mailing a letter, he looks like he really does enjoy his training so much.

I had a quick look through his website and found the Seperation Anxiety post interesting, it really makes sense. We spend so much time around Gizmo, my hubby works from home so there is always someone around but on the rare occasion we have to go out together and are unable to take Giz with us he really does stress.

I'm saving the site to my favorites so I can have a good old read tonight.

Thanks so much for posting :flowers:

CrazyTzuLady

That is awesome! Glad you had a great time!

luvinpreciousntoby

Wow.. how neat is that! Thanks for sharing