Does this sound like marking?

Hi everyone! We just adopted a 1yo Tzu (Gizzi) and brought him home yesterday. He was fixed about 1mo ago. The woman told me he was fostered with other dogs so they all mark in her house and she told me how to fix the issue with making a pee pee wrap.

Well, since he has been with us, I have not yet seen him lift his leg and pee on any objects in my house. The only thing he has done is a little squat and pee on the floor.

Is this marking or is he not wuite potty trained or is her just adjusting to his new home?

When we do go out to potty, he is great! Gets his business done quickly.

BTW - I don't know if this matters, I also have a 2yo Tzu in the house.

TIA!

Congrates on your new addition!!

To me that doesn't sound like marking. When Benny was marking he would lift his leg on things and it was only a sprinkle.

But I'm sure people with more experiece will come along with more info!

FairyTail Josette

Congratulations on your new baby! No, that doesn't sound like marking behavior to me, either. It sounds like the foster mom had Gizzi wearing a belly band at her home, due to the other males present. Since, he's been neutered that should help with the marking. Is Willow a male or female? Every situation is a little different. I know of a gal that has two males that have been neutered and she still has some marking issues with the both of them, so, she went back to the belly bands. The accident Gizzi had is very normal. Gizzi needs time to adjust into his new home and your lifestyle/routine. I would love to see pics of both of them. :)

Josett, Willow is a girl. She is now 2yo and hardly pees in the house (anymore). Just the occasional pooping.

Having Gizzi for two days now, I have not seen him mark at all. He does not even mark the trees and telephone poles out side. Always squats to pee. I am starting to think that he doesn't have good control over his bladder, yet. Unfortunately, I don't remember Willow's age when she stopped peeing in the house. Was it before 1yr - after 1 yr?? who knows! Oh well. Luckily I don't have carpets! LOL

Time to bring out the treats when he goes potty ... and time for lots of patience!

If anyone has any great potty training tips for male dogs - I'm all ears!

Thanks!