Our 6th mo. old puppy has regressed since new puppy addition

Our 6 month old puppy, Oscar, was pretty much potty trained until we brought home a 9 week old puppy last Saturday (Cocoa). Cocoa is paper trained and whenever he goes either #1 or #2, Oscar poops or pees in the same room! He's been doing that a ton lately. What is going on?

Any help will be appreciated.

CrazyTzuLady

It sounds like Oscar may just be confused, especially if he is just 6 months old. Kinda like monkey see monkey do. Are you going to continue the pee pad training with your Cocoa? If so maybe you should consider trying them with Oscar. Or train them both to potty outside. I was never able to trust mine 100% until they were at least a year old. Good luck I hope you get it figured out soon! Keep us posted.

It could also be the "smell"...since he is still a puppy, the smell could be prompting him. You were very lucky to have him trained at 6 months....just go back to square one with him to and start the potty dance and praise when he does go outside.