Is she jealous?

chloechanel'smommy

In the last week or so, Chloe has been barking and growling at my husband and teenage son when they come into the room or come near me. She will run and try to get in my lap or in between us. Barking and growling the whole time. She doesn't do this to my two younger sons who are 5 and 7. I don't know if it's because I have been home more on Christmas break or what. Neither my husband or my son is agressive with Chloe or mistreats her in anyway? Why is she doing this and how do I stop it?

I think she's protecting you. It's not really a good thing though. When she does it repremand her, turn your back on her and ignore her, don't pick her up. If she's on your lap and they walk in and she barks at them, get up straight away and put her on the floor. She has to learn her order in the pack and although we think it's cute and funny the hubby and son have to come before her.

CrazyTzuLady

I agree with Cackle.

Delila is the same way when it comes to her daddy. When she is on his lap she doesn't want any of the pups near him. She will growl and snap at them, she doesn't do it to us though. Daddy used to think it was cute therefore he created a monster. I finally got him to understand it wasn't good or funny. So now we have our work cut out for us but we are working on it. She is slowly getting the picture, she really hates it when daddy makes her get off his lap and ignores her.

We have the same problem with Gizmo. If my Son or daughter get too close to me he will bark and growl at them. He doesn't do it with my youngest daughter who he is close to, he's also fine with my hubby and our new pup. He doesn't mind my two older kids sitting on the sofa with me but if they lean over for a kiss or cuddle he flips out. He is more bothered about them touching me. It's odd but we are working on it.

I know that some dogs get protective when your pregnant! Always remember that! They know that you need them, and thats why they get that way.

But if thats not the case, then i do agree, stand your ground and let them know who the leaders of the pack are!

chloechanel'smommy

I agree with Cackle.

Delila is the same way when it comes to her daddy. When she is on his lap she doesn't want any of the pups near him. She will growl and snap at them, she doesn't do it to us though. Daddy used to think it was cute therefore he created a monster. I finally got him to understand it wasn't good or funny. So now we have our work cut out for us but we are working on it. She is slowly getting the picture, she really hates it when daddy makes her get off his lap and ignores her.

That's exactly what my hubby said. I created a monster. He is really upset about her attitude lately. I think it hurts my sons feelings because he and Chloe were buddies. I have just been telling her "NO" which has not been working but the next time she does it, I'll use the advice given. Thaks guys!