Doggie Backpack?

bengietheshihtzu

Has anyone come across a doggie backpack? One that may be similar to the ones made for young children (i've attached a pic of one below).

Reason being, I regularly take Bengie for walks on the local bike path and he never gives warning as to when he's ready to quit. He normally decides he's done at the furthest point from the parking lot and I wind up carrying him back over my shoulder. I don't get it, we've walked up to 6 miles on some days but other days he's ready to quit after the first few hundred yards.

Anyways, I was hoping something like this would be on the market. I enjoy going on long hikes on weekends and something like this would allow him to come along more often.

Well, it sure beats hauling a tent, sleeping bag, mess kit, stove, and extra socks.

Claudiabehr

At a store here called Paw Prince there's a backpack which I was looking into. But the size of it was such that I said, "you're on your own, kid"

bengietheshihtzu

eeyoredag, thanks for the link! The outward hound backpack is exactly what I'm looking for. I will post a review on it after i get the chance to test it out.

eeyoredag, thanks for the link! The outward hound backpack is exactly what I'm looking for. I will post a review on it after i get the chance to test it out.

You're welcome. I'm happy to have helped you.

CrazyTzuLady

This is the backpack I use to put Gizmo in when he rides the Harley with us. I works great and there is plenty of room in there for him.

Clicky