She likes it, she really really likes it!

Ming Ming and Suki's Momma

Hi all,

Who would have thought, I got a tzu to stay in a crate!!!! My little Suki likes her crate. We had a good night last night with the crate training. We went night night around 10 last night and she woke around 2 a.m. to potty and I placed her back in her crate with no wining or crying. I was totally SHOCKED!!!!!! Wish I would have done this with Ming Ming, lol.

I'm so proud of ME and of course Suki!!!

CrazyTzuLady

Good job! I am glad it seems to be working out for you!

That's awesome. I never thought I would be a fan of crate training but both my pups seem to enjoy their crates, they even take naps in there.

Dakotah's momma

I never had a dog in a crate but Dakotah was used to it and loves it. He eats his meals in there and sleeps in there. He is funny if by chance he is doing something he knows I will get after him about he runs to his crate and looks at me with those big eyes. It sure helped us too in his potty training. Won't say he is 100% yet but it has been awhile since we have had any mishaps. We had him trained to go on pads now after going to dog park he wants to go out so he goes out. If by chance he needs to go and I am busy he will go on his pad. Just sharing the experience we have had with the crate. I love it.

Ming Ming and Suki's Momma

I never had a dog in a crate but Dakotah was used to it and loves it. He eats his meals in there and sleeps in there. He is funny if by chance he is doing something he knows I will get after him about he runs to his crate and looks at me with those big eyes. It sure helped us too in his potty training. Won't say he is 100% yet but it has been awhile since we have had any mishaps. We had him trained to go on pads now after going to dog park he wants to go out so he goes out. If by chance he needs to go and I am busy he will go on his pad. Just sharing the experience we have had with the crate. I love it.

I didn't crate Ming Ming when I first got her. I made the mistake of leaving her downstairs in her crate while everyone was upstairs and she would have a fit, so I just took her out completely. Now with Suki, I still had Ming Ming's crate and as soon as we arrive home with Suki, I introduce her to the crate. She will wine a little, but nothing prolonged. So I am grateful that she likes it.

Seastar

Good girl, Suki!

tzuhouse

That is wonderful news. I think they really do begin to see it as their "safe" place and certainly their sleep place. Good girl Suki.

Wicket's mom

That's great! I used to feel guilty about putting a furbaby in a crate, but it turns out they actually even like it in some situations :group: (Like my Boston Terrier who has separation anxiety, he's been doing great since we got his crate!)

chloechanel'smommy

That's great! I'm glad Suki likes her crate. Chloe just absolutely HATES hers!

That is wonderful news. I think they really do begin to see it as their "safe" place and certainly their sleep place. Good girl Suki.

The crate is the safe place for my 3 too. Jasmine has started running in hers when she sees the tooth brush come out. I don't pull them out of the crate to do anything to them, that way it stays their safe place. I just wait for them to come out on their own.