Extra Crate

Ming Ming and Suki's Momma

Hi all,

I'm wondering should I purchase an additional crate for Suki to place downstairs during the day while the family is hanging out in the family room and kitchen. I have a nice size two story home and it is difficult to transport her crate up and down the stairs when we are downstairs. She does really good outside the crate, but when she's really to nap, I have to carry her upstairs and leave her alone so it is hard to hear her when she has awaken. I also thought about getting a nice size dog pillow to place keep downstairs.

So would a extra crate be a waste?

Please share your thoughs.

Bridget

Well, they are not the cheapest things for sure.....any way to just makeshift using some old plywood, or gates or something to just make a small rest area without going to the expense of a new crate? Otherwise, I would check around at garage sales and thrift stores to see if you can get one at a lower cost....or maybe even borrow an unused one from a friend??? Or an old playpen from a thrift store!!! Just some thoughts.

mr.coffee

Dunno, I found our crate at TJ Maxx, don't remember how much it was but it was reasonable. You can keep an eye open for deals. Anyway, we keep the crate in our room and a PetTaxi up front, so Harley has at least two places to go.

-m

Dunno, I found our crate at TJ Maxx, don't remember how much it was but it was reasonable. You can keep an eye open for deals. Anyway, we keep the crate in our room and a PetTaxi up front, so Harley has at least two places to go.

-m

Mike, that is what I'm looking for and plus, I can use the pet taxi because Suki is a bad traveler. She doesn't stay still, lol!

Have you tried a car seat for her?

-m

Mike,

No I haven't. Suki is my wild child whereas Ming Ming have a laid personally. So I will definitely look into one for her.

Thanks

I had the same issue as I have 2 flights of stairs in my house, so ended up buying a metal crate for upstairs and a soft crate for downstairs which has worked a treat, plus soft crate is easier if going to a friends for the night as lighter.