Chloe's Mama

Somtimes when Chloe poos, she eats it. :zzz: Is that just a puppy thing, she'll outgrow or do I need to do something? :chickendance: Thanks! :(

Carolina Girl

Just a dog thing, I guess. There have been other posts about this. Seems that there are lots of poop eaters around here. My Ozzy doesn't do it, but Daisy sure does. She especially loves deer poop. Good luck!

2 better than 1

Pippin does it some times too. I guess there is stuff you can buy that they take like medicine so that their poop tastes bad to them (like it shouldn't already). I haven't tried it and don't know anyone who has, so I don't know how it works. We just try to catch Pippin when he does it and tell him "YUCKY!" to make him stop. Good luck!

ShihTzuholic

Gizmo used to do it, but it seems like he doesn't anymore. When he was a small pup, I had to pretty much be right there to pick him up when he was done.

There is a powder they make to mix in with their food to make the poo tase bad to them. I have also heard mixing a little bit of pineapple or pumpkin into their food will do that too. None are guaranteed to work, but one may.

I think it might just be a puppy thing. Just keep an eye on her and clean it up right away.

Claudiabehr

I thought Panda had stopped but since Cadbury has been here, chocolate truffles are back on the menu for P.

ShihtzuBeauty

Welcome to the Poo Eaters Club. :) Two of my 4 do it and they are 5 and 3yrs. old they not only eat theirs but someonelses. :) I've tried every product out there and the only thing that works is to pick it up as soon as it hits the floor/ground.

Wicket's mom

Welcome to the Poo Eaters Club. :) Two of my 4 do it and they are 5 and 3yrs. old they not only eat theirs but someonelses. :) I've tried every product out there and the only thing that works is to pick it up as soon as it hits the floor/ground.

I agree! Wicket is also a member of the poo eater's club. I've tried a few powders and the pineapple juice. Nothing seems to work. Whenever he goes outside I have to stay close-by because if there's anything on the ground, he'll eat it...I have to beat him to it and dispose of it ASAP!

When I got my puppy, I researched about shih tzus and i guess they're notoriously known to be poop-eaters?..Being a slight germaphobe, i could not have that...So I taught her to Leave it everytime she tries to come around her poop area..or even have her nose around it..After that, she has never come around her poo area, it's great because i don't even have to tell her anymore, she just knows....she just poops and goes back to whatever she was doing...Maybe you should considering doing something like that while she is still young. Nobody likes a poo-eater lol.