Hair bows and top knots

2 better than 1

I bought some adorable hair bows a few days ago from www.valsdivados.com. Haven't received them yet, but super excited to try them out in Lyric's hair. Until now I just had a boy and he wasn't having the bows at all!

Just wondering if anyone knows of any other good places to buy bows that have good prices and are good quality?

Also, any suggestions or tips about getting Lyric ready to wear bows? This week I have been putting just the rubberband in her hair for a few hours when I get home from work. She just barely has enough hair to make it stay in... still needs to grow a little bit! She doesn't seem to notice much so I think we are on track, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
FairyTail Josette

I'm just now seeing your questions, sorry for the delay in responding. As far as getting Lyric ready to wear bows....only put the topknot band in daily to start with and get her used to that for a couple of weeks, before adding the bow. Look at Lyric's eyes. If her eyes are slanted or showing white at the top of her eyes, the topknot is too tight and needs to be loosened. Usually, topknots need to be re-done throughout the day. Some pet owners complain that their dogs will not leave the topknot in and try to rub on the floor or furniture trying to get it out. The best advice here is to make sure the topknot is comfortable for them. If it's put in properly, they won't feel it. Then, after putting in the topknot always treat and distract for a few moments with a fun game.

Val makes awesome bows. She usually ships out within a couple of days, and her bows hold up well.

Another site is:

My Lady's Dog Bows.

Marj has been a good friend for years and makes your bow the same day you order it. Her bows are beautiful and very well made.

Another site is:

Utopias Bows.

They literally have any and everything.

Josey's breeder orders/corresponds with this gal....she says Fantasia makes thee most GORGEOUS bows you've ever laid your eyes on.....scroll down the home page and check out her topknots. For her bows, click on the bow link from this home page:

Fantasia Shih Tzu.

2 better than 1

Thanks for the suggestions! I plan on shopping this weekend!

Carolina Girl

I have only ever shopped with Val. Ozzy is not much of a bow wearer. As a matter of fact, I cut off his top knot. I'm hoping that Mowgli will be okay with bows. Let me know how things go!

FairyTail Josette

Thanks for the suggestions! I plan on shopping this weekend!

I am a complete bow freak! I could talk bows for days. :head_hurts_kr: LOL Please, share pics of Lyric modeling her new bows.

2 better than 1

As soon as I can get some good pics I will post them. Now that she's been with us a few weeks and is more comfortable she's always on the move! Makes it hard to take photos!

tzuhouse

Hi Kami, well I don't have suggestions on sites for bows, but we do have some forums on good websites to buy things for our pups, you could check that out.

But, I just wanted to see if you have looked at our Top Knot thread that is pinned in the grooming section. If you take some pics, you could post them there and join the group growing out topknots and facial hair.....we are all struggling together....LOL

I love Val's Diva Do's. Her bows are so cute and affordable. Hammy will wear a bow no problem, Luna can't stand them. I wish I could get her to keep them in, they look so pretty against her dark color.

2 better than 1

I just noticed the topknot thread this weekend. I think someone posted new photos so it showed up in the New Posts section. We did just cut the hair above her nose because it was poking into her eyes. We may wait until the weather starts to cool of a bit here before growing out again. I will definitely be checking back with the thread though... I loved looking at all the photos!