This is sad!

Ming Ming and Suki's Momma

For the last two days, I been trying to get Suki use to the leash. Well, the first day, the poor baby just flopped down to the ground. She didn't what was going on. I put on the harness instead of the collar first because I didn't want to frighten her with anything around her neck. Needless, to say, Suki never moved.

Day two, we try it again. Nothing!! She wouldn't move, but insisted putting the leash in her month while laid out on her belly in the yard.

I can't recall when I started Ming Ming, but she was no problem. I'm thinking maybe its too early since Suki is only 9 weeks old. What do you all think? Should I try it again?

Thanks

Bridget

Claudiabehr

I use Cadbury's older sister to encourage her on..........she runs right after her. You might try using Ming Ming as a role model of how it's done.

Chloe's Mama

Chloe's been doing pretty good on the leash. I expected her to plant herself down and not move or chew on the leash, but she hasn't (so far). I don't think Suki is too young. Just let her get used to having the leash on, before you try walking her. Put it on her for a little bit each day. Also, using Ming Ming as a role model is a good idea, too. See if Suki will follow Ming Ming. Good luck! :)

Boo and Gidgys Mom

Gidget hasn't been a fan of the leash either. She trys to jump backwards and wiggle out of it. She is getting better lately though. It might just take sometime. Gaboo didn't have a problem with it when he was younger.

Ming Ming and Suki's Momma

I use Cadbury's older sister to encourage her on..........she runs right after her. You might try using Ming Ming as a role model of how it's done.

[/quote.

Ming Ming is with us as well. Ming Ming sits patiently while Suki and I get ourselves together. I thought she would follow Ming Ming, but Suki has the personality of I can care less what you do, I'm going to do my own thing, lol!

shihtzumomof2

When Kylie was young, I walked her along with my other two and she just followed them. She may be too young. You just have to keep trying a little at a time...she'll get it.

kcsheperd

Yup, I agree with the others..I don't think she's too young, as Payslee started leash walking at 8 weeks and it was okay..I used Rally to motivate her to walk..Sawyer was more stubborn, but didn't want to be left behind, so he eventually caught on and ran to us..you might try a retractable leash so you can walk a little further ahead, and she will be motivated to not be left behind..She will eventually get the hang of it..Treats might also help coax her forward.. Good luck!