Teething and Biting

LovieandHalo

So how do you tell the difference on a puppy of Halo's age. DOB: 4/10/10 so he's 10 weeks old? You can tell his teeth are still coming in and he bites/chews me, Lovie and anything in between. It's starting to hurt like crazy though.

I've gotten 2 teething toys and he perfers my fingers instead.

That is a bad thing about puppies, but thankfully, they do grow out of it....actually all too fast in my opinion....I just LOVE the puppy phase and while I dearly LOVE my babies, I so miss the puppy stage. My 9 month old has just grown so fast and waaaaay too quickly.

Best thing to do is to keep distracting him with other toys and chews. One of mine responded very well when I squealed very loudly and turned my back and just walked away and stop all play.

Chloe's Mama

I'm constantly finding Chloe chewing on just abt anything that she can reach. Lately, it's the old wallpaper that is still in my guest bedroom and the computer room. She's also chewing on the wood side table next to my recliner. I just get one of her bones or toys and try to distract her. She's a stubborn one! :)

Boo and Gidgys Mom

Welcome to my world...... Gidget is the same. If it is not our toes and fingers, it our ears and elbows, or our wood furniture. I just discovered that she got the corner of my computer desk pretty good. Gaboo was bad, but not this bad. Can't wait until this phase is over. :ranting:

Carolina Girl

Yep, Mowgli too. Thank God I didn't have to go through this with the other two. I didn't realize that he would chew so much. He has ruined our end table in the living room. But I know it's my fault for not watching him well enough!

2 better than 1

I was watching a show on Animal Planet and the lady on it was saying that if you rub a stick of frozen margarine on your hands and arms when playing with the puppy they will associate it with food, not a toy, and lick instead of bite. Sounds crazy to me, but maybe it works! The problem is.... then you have butter all over you!!! I don't think we will be trying that method, but I thought it would be funny to pass it on. We just try to shove a toy at Lyric any time she starts to nipple on us.

Very weird, seems to me this would just create a "licker"....and goodness knows, a LOT of us already have those....LOL Let me know if it works.

LovieandHalo

He's not chewing on anything besides myself and Lovie and bones, thank goodness!

Boo and Gidgys Mom

Hmmmm... Margerine? Seems like then we would have greasy furniture instead of chewed up furniture. And a lot of showers LOL

2 better than 1

Very weird, seems to me this would just create a "licker"....and goodness knows, a LOT of us already have those....LOL Let me know if it works.

I know! Pippin licks like a mad man as it is. I don't need Lyric doing that too!

I thought it was a pretty weird suggestion as well. We won't be trying that one!