A serious burger!

mr.coffee

I've been making some crazy good burgers lately, thought I'd share. I use roughly 1/3 lb. each, so...

For each burger to be prepared, cut in half one strip of THICK SLICED bacon and fry. I like to set a couple nested saucepans on top of my bacon to keep it flat while it cooks.

Similarly, for each burger prepare one slice of onion, approximately 1/4" thick and sauté in olive oil until soft. I like to keep the whole slice intact. If I'm feeling particularly decadent, I'll pour some of the bacon drippings over the onion!

While the bacon and onion are going, form your patties. I've been using 93/7 - which is to say fairly lean. Don't work the meat too much, just slap it down and round it out. Sprinkle each side with salt, cayenne to taste and coarse ground black pepper, and pat lightly. Grill to taste. Please do this outdoors on an actual grill - propane, charcoal briquettes, lump charcoal, it's all good, but these shouldn't be done in a pan. (I like it medium rare...)

Slice sharp white cheddar, and prepare your bun. I like a large sesame bun with mayo, mustard and catsup. (Ketchup?) Fresh, seeded jalapeño slivers are good too. Move the onion and bacon to paper towel to drain.

As the burgers approach the desired level of doneness, top with white cheddar and bacon. Place onion on bottom bun, burger with cheese and bacon on top of onion, and top bun on top...serve and enjoy!

-m

Where do you live and what's the nearest airport? I'm on the way.

MisterMom

IF you heat a cast iron skillet on the stove top to very hot, it will sear & brown the meat without overcooking. Bacon in a microwave in paper plate with paper towel top & bottom to catch the grease will produce extra crispy bacon in 3 or 5 minutes. It goes from real crisp to real burnt in 30 seconds. Need more fat & calories, use soft spread margarine on both sides of bun, sprinkle with garlic powder & brown in the cast iron skillet after the meat is removed.