Chloe's Mama

Mom ordered a Thundershirt for Chloe for her barking. As much as I would've liked to, I didn't really socialize Chloe. Whenever someone comes over, she barks constantly and nothing will get her to stop. Putting her on the leash helps a little. She also has separation anxiety. The shirt came today, but it's really too small, so I think we're going to get a bigger one. I just thought I'd see if anyone has tried it and has seen any improvement or not from it. When I get the bigger one and try it on her, I'll let y'all know how it works for her.

Thundershirt

luvmybabies

I got one for Benji because he is hyper active. It says it works for that but it didn't. When I first bought it I put it on in the store and he seemed to calm down but the real reason I bought it was for taking him to Rally classes where he was so bad and interrupted classes. It didn't seem to work at all! Instead I had to work on some exercises. I am pleased to announce that Benji was as good as gold and worked very well today. I couldn't believe the difference. I hope this is a turn for the better in his behavior and not just a one time thing! Anyway, back to the thunder shirt....when you buy it you have something like a 45 day trial period after which you can return it for your money back. I returned it and they cheerfully refunded my money. Also, the fit is supposed to be very tight. It is supposed to work the same as wrapping a human baby in swaddling blankets. Swaddling a baby is to make a baby calm down and feel safe. People seem to be using them to calm fearful dogs and also to use on dogs who are scared during storms. See if it works for your baby and if not return it and you won't be out the money if it doesn't. Good luck!

I have one for Sophie and I love it! She gets really skittish right before storms and if there's any thunder, she flips out. The Thundershirt has fixed all that. Now, when I do put it on her, its like she goes back to her normal self. So that means, playing fetch, running around like crazy, etc. It just keeps her from having a nervous breakdown because of the loud noise. I plan on trying it on her this 4th of July because she reacts the same way around fireworks.

On another note, when my Sphynx kitten is acting like an idiot, I'll put a tight T-shirt on him. It almost instantly calms him down. I've used the concept of swaddling in my dog training classes and I've had about 50/50 success with it. It works on some dogs really well and doesn't phase any others. But, the ones it does work on, it works EXTREMELY well. Fit is key. I believe Sophie wears a medium size.

I have heard mixed reviews on these, but most people who use them for dogs who have a lot of storm issues report they work well.

loewenthal.anna

I have heard NOTHING but glowing reviews of these (and D.A.P) . . . They are based on Dr. Temple Grandin's squeeze chute theory and she really is an animal savante when it comes to making them comfortable and calm.