Adding a second dog...

I have been gone for a while. I am Lucy's mommy from Atlanta. I lost my account info so I got a new account. Lucy is now almost 3 and we are all doing great. Hubby has said we can add a new puppy sometime after the first of the year, finally! I know about getting the puppy it's own stuff like crate, toys, food bowl, water bottle etc. My question to you is how should we train the new puppy? Lucy was crate trained but about 1 1/2 years ago we stopped using the crate with her now the only time she is crated is when we go visit my in laws or my parents. Lucy sleeps with us even, in our room on the floor, in her bed or at the foot of our bed. I am sure Lucy and the new puppy will do great together. How do we keep them both happy at night and during the day when I cannot watch the little one? I am thinking we should put the crate in our room at night with the pee pads. And that way Lucy can be with us and the puppy. That might help the puppy with crying fits too. I will try and post pictures of us and Lucy.

I always put the new pup in a crate on or beside the bed. Same water source, different feed bowls. Actually if the first one is potty trained, the 2 or 3 or 4 sort of follow them out. Biggest problem is rubbing so many tummies !