Not going number two?

Maggie&toby12

So far the new puppy has had four accident free days!He whines when he needs to go and after he has done his business outside and played with all the cats he comes and lays on my feet and whined to go back in.However,he has not gone poop since we got him and does not eat a whole lot.I am not sure how concerned to be.He could be eating the normal amount but I'm not sure.How much a day should a seven week old shih tzu eat?And how often should he poop?

Four days is far too long. Typically a young puppy goes 3 or more times a day.

Maggie&toby12

Sorry meant three days i can't count.I got him Sunday night.so two and a half days i figured yesterday that he was just nervous because it was his first day.

Hope all is well.

Maggie&toby12

Took him to the vet yesterday and was told its just anxiety.On the way home I picked up a different food and he ate quite a bit.Then this morning I walked him and he went !

Laurence Pack

From my experience they usually need to do #2 as many meals in a day that they eat. Tiger was right on with this one....at 8 weeks and 4 meals a day he did 3-4 poops a day

Marley'sMom

We never could get Marley to eat 4 x a day. But he did poop for every meal. He wasn't a big eater at first but is getting better. He is 4.6 pounds now but will probably only get to be as big as 7-9 pounds.

He currently eats 2 Tb morning, 1 Tb lunch and 3 Tb dinner. We are transitioning him from 3 meals a day to 2 which is why lunch is getting small and breakfast will be getting bigger. So he only eats about 6 Tb/day so far which is almost 1/2 C day (plus treats for training). He seems energetic and healthy, in fact a little too round? Maybe not. We'll find out at his first vet appt today.