Crazy behavior at bedtime

Hi,

I have a 1yr. old female, Buffy, who is adorable and loving and sweet ALL day long but...

when bedtime comes and my husband, Buffy and I retire to the bedroom...she begins to nip at my husbands heels and growl and bark. She does not do this to me. She will crouch and attack his feet...bark and jump...and run around. We are stumped by this behavior. She seem to be fixated with his feet, lol. She will even attack his feet when he is taking off his shoes and socks at other times.

We have tried to "psst" her Dog Whisperer style, lol. We have also tried having her sit and settle a bit for a while. We have even put her outside the bedroom door for a few minutes until she is calm, ask her to sit when we open the door...and then when all requirements are met...ask her to come in.

Eventually she will calm down and the rest of the night all is well.

Does anyone have this going on? What do you think we should do? We would love for her to be as settled at bedtime as she normally is during the day.

Hahaha...wish it was that simple! The photo of Molly is adorable! Still working on modifying the behavior. Think she just wants to play...or maybe she's just bullying my husband...sheesh.

It sounds like a dominance behavior, since it's only directed at your husband and happens only at bedtime: I have heard of dogs that wouldn't allow anyone except "their" person on beds. I think a good firm "No" from you combined (possibly) with a brief scruff-shake will probably take care of the problem if you are consistent. It has to come from you because Buffy seems to regard you as Alpha. My husband can correct the dogs all day and all night long and they pay absolutely NO attention to him because as far as they're concerned I'm the pack leader, lol.

What Pam said! Bosco will get in the crouch position and bark and growl at me at times and I found out that he just wants to play. I usually give him a stern no and then ignore him if I don't feel like or can't play with him at that time. He also doesn't listen to hubby too much on commands as I am the one who goes to training with him and have the clicker.

Yes Renee, I too believe that this is just play behavior...and Pam, I think you've hit it on the nose...my husband isn't getting any respect, lol, from Buffy!

Unfortunately she still very "young". She just turned 1 on Halloween, and she is kind of like a sassy teenager right now. She will do what I say, but she'll

respond with a lot of backtalk!! (hahaha) Boy do I hear about it after I say "NO!" She's just adorable! I do believe that eventually she will calm down. But until

that time, the nightly confrontation and training continues...OMG give us strength!!