Odd habit / don't look at me

Maggie&toby12

Alright so this may sound odd but here it goes. I have always walked Maggie since the day I got her. We go for walks several times a day We have a lot of land in the country so she loves it! She will usually take about five minutes to walk around and examine things and see what the animals are up to and then she goes pee. Lately however she will not go poop if i am with her....Odd. If i let her out in the yard (fenced in) she goes and then comes and sits on the step and waits for me to let her in. But i have to be inside the house for her to go. If i even have the door open she will NOT poop she just stares at me. She still goes pee with me no problem, it is just pooping. I am so confused as to this. I have watched her do it through the window many times. I was wondering if anyone had an idea why it is just poop and why she must be alone???

Ok, I've heard of modesty but that is odd. Can't wait to hear what others may think.

missy dawn

Maggie is the same way,well not to the point that she doesn't want to do it,but she acts embarrassed!She will turn her back to us,and sometimes will peek to make sure we're not looking.We always pretend we're not,so we dont embarrass her,lol

Gus does the same thing. They are such funny little people!

• Like 1
Maggie&toby12

Glad to know others have heard of this/experienced it!

• 2 weeks later...
ParadiseTzu

If either my husband or I are not with Sassy Mae when she pooped, she might eat it, so maybe Maggie.......naaah, just kidding.