We have had a lot of wet weather here, so I put potty pads down in the laundry room for Izzie to go potty. She got it so fast. She would go to her pad and do her thing. I was so excited no accidents in several days. BUT NoW... She has forgotten what the potty pad is and now goes everywhere. I didn't move the pad or anything. I am waiting on a training DVD to come in for the puppy apartment. My goal is to have her trained for that because we travel so much. Why would she do so good and then completely stop?

That happened with Bosco for a little while. I was told that he had to much access to the house. You'll have to kinda keep Izzie confined to a smaller area. I also bought some puppy training spray to put on the pads that lured them to it. Now Bosco only uses the pads if we don't get him out for his walk (like when I'm sick and hubby is out) or for some reason he didn't finish everything during his walk. He mostly does everything outside.

missy dawn

We also used that training spray.But we also did a little trick. Every time one would go potty,We'd give them a treat.Maisey would actually stand still on the pee pad until she got her treat,lol.It was cute.

sheila-(shih tzu dreamer)

Marlen

Hm, not sure what to say, confining her in a smaller space is surely going to help. That way, she has easy access to the pads. Well, I'm gonna tell you this though. When I got Misha, he had learned to pee on a newspaper, so I didn't even try the pads. But, I made a huge mistake and used a training spray. He didn't like it and that was his only accident. I used it two times, both times he eliminated right outside his box(I've made a wooden one to put newspaper in) but never on the newspaper. He hated the spray! So, if you're using one, I'd suggest you check if she doesn't like it or if it's too strong for her nose(yeah, I asked around and if it's not of good quality it might even affect the dog's sense of smell).

luvmybabies

If you get the potty training puppy apartment DVD they will tell you to use their pads as they already have an attractant on them. The DVD is basically going to tell you to put the divider in the crate (you could make your own if you purchase a crate that is too big for your dog now and has a wire divider to partition off part of the crate so you can make it bigger later. Right now you can cut a hold in the divider (make sure the edges are well sanded) and put his bed in the divided off part (it should only be big enough for the pup to stand up, and turn around as he may potty in the "bedroom" if too much room is left. The idea is that if he needs to pee he will go from the bedroom thru the doorway you made to pee in the potty room. I bought the puppy apartment and started my year old maltese in it. She had already learned she was to go on homemade washable pee pads so very quickly went back to them when she figured out what she was to do. It didn't take any time at all. She was sneaking behind furniture since I got the pugs as she is scared of them but now knows this is "her" place. I put her in and tell her to pee and close the door so no other dog can bother her. She barks when she is finished and when I let her out I pick her up and make a big fuss. That big fuss has become crucial as that is what she really thinks of as a reward as food is not a great motivator except in training at class. I bought three packages of their pads but have hardly used any. I put a couple down under her washable pads so the tray doesn't get dirty but she has never got them wet. I do put a fresh washable pad in after each time she pees though. They are just small pads and I have about 15 of them so no big deal. I think the puppy apartment ones are not supposed to smell but I can wash a lot before I want to buy some.

Thanks so much everyone. I did make my own crate/ puppy apartment. I can't wait to start training with it. I will try the smaller space and maybe that will work until I can get my DVD in. Izzie so so very smart. She learned the sit, stay and no command all in about 10 min each.