Puppy Crate....

oOShih Tzu LoveOo

I'm trying to decide on the right crate to get for the puppy. Daisy and Peaches have 24" ASPCA crate's from WalMart. I really want to get one with a divider this time. What crate do y'all recommend?

What about floor grate's? I just heard of them recently and I think it would be very helpful with keeping the puppy clean from any accident's in the crate! Have any of y'all used them before?

Edited by oOShih Tzu LoveOo
Vicki

My crate of choice is:

http://www.dog.com/i...og-crate/492703

They are well built and with the three doors, you can do so much with them. It has the divider as well. In my shopping cart it's showing at $37.56, that's with a discount code. If your order is over $69, you also get free shipping. Order a bag of dog food, it's on sale too! :D

Vicki

• Like 1
oOShih Tzu LoveOo

My crate of choice is:

http://www.dog.com/i...og-crate/492703

They are well built and with the three doors, you can do so much with them. It has the divider as well. In my shopping cart it's showing at $37.56, that's with a discount code. If your order is over $69, you also get free shipping. Order a bag of dog food, it's on sale too! :D

Vicki

I will probably wait until the beginning of June to order anything, I just want to pick out everything I want/need :).

I think that's the crate I'm going to get! Peaches and Daisy definitely need new one's, so I may order just order three :).

Vicki

I will probably wait until the beginning of June to order anything, I just want to pick out everything I want/need :).

I think that's the crate I'm going to get! Peaches and Daisy definitely need new one's, so I may order just order three :).

Why wait??? B) If you get them now, Peaches and Daisy can get used to them now and be living the life of luxury! They do fold up too. Never know when prices may go up either!

Seriously though, these are the best crates I've ever seen/owned in this price range. With the three doors and divider, you can easily set up something similar to the Puppy Apartment (or was it Puppy Condo?). You might need a bigger size though to do that. A 25" crate might not be big enought for that, but will hold an adult Shih Tzu comfortably.

Vicki

oOShih Tzu LoveOo

Why wait??? B) If you get them now, Peaches and Daisy can get used to them now and be living the life of luxury! They do fold up too. Never know when prices may go up either!

Seriously though, these are the best crates I've ever seen/owned in this price range. With the three doors and divider, you can easily set up something similar to the Puppy Apartment (or was it Puppy Condo?). You might need a bigger size though to do that. A 25" crate might not be big enought for that, but will hold an adult Shih Tzu comfortably.

Vicki

Have you ever used a floor grate? I love the idea of if he has an accident, I won't have to bathe him every time! :)

Vicki

Have you ever used a floor grate? I love the idea of if he has an accident, I won't have to bathe him every time! :)

No, I haven't ever tried a floor grate. Puppies are pretty easy to bathe, there's SO LITTLE of them! Then they smell SO GOOD too! :hug:

Vicki

I would never use a crate without a floor grate. They are invaluable for helping keep puppies clean during training, as well as if the dog suffers a "digestive indiscretion". We crate train in VariKennels with grates (and a nice cushy pad, which the puppy can push out of the way if it MUST eliminate) and then the adults move to Midwest Metal crates with grids and pans. JMHO.

oOShih Tzu LoveOo

I would never use a crate without a floor grate. They are invaluable for helping keep puppies clean during training, as well as if the dog suffers a "digestive indiscretion". We crate train in VariKennels with grates (and a nice cushy pad, which the puppy can push out of the way if it MUST eliminate) and then the adults move to Midwest Metal crates with grids and pans. JMHO.

Thank you! :) I remember house training Waylon and how I had to bathe him so often because he kept having accident's in his crate! I would LOVE to avoid that this time!

• 4 weeks later...
Maggie&toby12

What size do you have?

Vicki

What size do you have?

Not sure who you're asking, but I use the Ultima Pro 25" crates. Adults fit comfortably in them.

Vicki

oOShih Tzu LoveOo

What size do you have?

If you're asking me, I use 24" crate's.

Maggie&toby12

Oh haha sorry, i meant anyone who would answer! i was trying to figure out what size to order online on the website! They are sold out temporarily though.