Luna

Simple Solutions. We don't train to pads because most of the dogs think they are just big paper towels with plastic attached and they shred them within minutes, but I DO use them to line the trays in the pens and crates. These are AWESOME! No leakage and I swear when urine or feces hit them the smell is neutralized within seconds.

mom2emmy

We trained our last shih tzu to pads. And it worked she would only go on the pads UNLESS you left her or ignored her much too long then it was a spitey "mess" in a corner. When her eyes got bad, the front mat. This guy, he wouldn't train to them so its outside or an accident. Thankfully he seems to be getting oh so much better the older he gets. The fool. But I will have to look for them for use at shows!

He won't do anything in his crate and if it's raining, I can't really take him outside. Wonder if I could get him use to a pad enough to do it inside at the shows if it were raining or snowing or whatever ... interesting!! Thanks for that!

Luna

Manda, get a 2x3 midwest puppy pen with a raised grid floor for use at the shows. Small enough to be portable, keeps 'em off the ground, and you put pad in the pan underneath for any mess. Most dogs will "go" in them without issue.

missy dawn

We love the pee pee pads! and we put them in a tray too.

sheila-(shih tzu dreamer) :cloud9:

mom2emmy

That's what Sonya has and what he was in at the show but he held EVERYTHING until the show was over. Only a little tiny puddle in the ring and a little one when she went home with him. When the show was all over and he came home ... the puddles turned into ponds. Maybei t's just something he needs to get used to. Thank you!!:)

luvmybabies

My tiny malt won't pee anywhere in the winter but at home or an accident on her blanket if I stay away long enough. She refuses to pee in the snow. I have trained her to washable pee pads in a little crate. Every time she goes I praise her to the skies. She wouldn't go at a show, anywhere, inside or outside. So now I take the little crate along and she goes in it no problem! I started the training with the Puppy Potty Apartment. Do a search to google it. It made everything so easy. If you understand the concept you could probably get a crate a bit bigger than your puppy that has the "divider" to use to make it bigger as your puppy grows. It would probably be cheaper.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I went the Puppy Apartment way too. Love their pee pads but expensive. Now I use the Simple Solution Training pads. Thicker than the reg. Simple Solution pads.