• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• missy dawn

• Missysmom

• Marlene

• Crinkly

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as many of you know,We just took a beach trip,and Minnie didnt do so well while we were there,and she LOVES the beach. took her to the doctor and... this is so hard to even write  and see through the

Taken 5 -22-16

I've cried all day.ive tried not to but...i can't hold it back.she did eat some supper but no breakfast. We got our photographer to come over. we told her what was going on and she took pictures of he

Sunlite

Sheila I know how painful it is to say goodbye but a part of her will always be with you....
It always amazes me how short of time our babies are with us and the impact they make on our lives. Always wants to make me smack someone....really really really hard...when I hear them say"it's just a dog or cat..."

As my Vet said to me, it's a final act of love and one they deserve. When it gets to the point that they'll suffer and will only be here for us because we're not ready...well then you know what needs to be done whether we're ready to accept it or not.

My heart goes out to you....

• Like 8
Marlene

One thing that helped me on "the day" was to go through all the pictures.  I am always in tears, even sobbing but it also brings back so many memories of fun times, naughty times and adventures you had together.  I make a collage in the family photo albums.

• Like 9
Missysmom

That's a picture you will treasure forever, thanks so much for sharing it with us. Hugs

• Like 7
Luna

I spoke with Sheila this afternoon as they were preparing to take Minnie to the vet, and her sobs just broke my heart.  I tried to reassure her that they were doing the kindest, most compassionate and loving thing for her, but I know how very hard it is to let a beloved pet go.  I attempted to call her a little while ago and she didn't pick-up, so I assume that Minnie is now frolicking at the Rainbow Bridge, waiting to see Sheila and Timmy again.  RIP, Minnie.  You were loved and will be missed.

• Like 10
missy dawn

me and hubby has cried and cried... we will be getting our Minnie back today.last night was our 3rd night in almost 11 years being away from her.first time was Mollys blood transfusion,second was Missys knee surgery and then last night... shes at the funeral home now.when we got to the vets office ,it was worse than we thought... Saturday after taking an xray and showing me the findings,she had me go back to the room while she took a few more xrays,... when we got there yesterday,we told her we wanted to talk to her first and let hubby see the xrays as well...I begged hubby all the way there (an hour ride) to talk to the doctor first and to go through the xrays thoroughly before the final decision was made. he promised... so the doctor showed him all the xrays,and they went in more detail... it looks as if there were 2 huge tumors plus some small ones,one looked to be attached to her liver,her liver was even out of place from the tumors being so large.said she wouldnt be able to go through the surgery because of her heart being so enlarged and so diseased.said those tumors could rupture at any second and would kill her.she said this particular type of cancer is so rapid growing that it can grow the size of a SOCCER BALL...after hubby heard all that,he looked at me,and said..."we've got to do this"...so we gave her oatmeal cake, just like with Molly .they started the shot and Minnie was trying to get to me, we were talking to her telling her we love her and now she could go find Molly.then ... it was over... i know we did the right thing... but this is and was so hard.I didnt want to let her go. I know now she is without pain,I know shes with Molly,I know im sounding selfish,I just didnt want to let her go .Hubby had a really hard time last night,not having Minnie to hold. we had 5 then 4 then 5 now back to 4 babies.i am so thankful God allowed us to share almost 11 years with her.she would of been 14 in October:crying:

• Like 10
Crinkly

There is absolutely nothing selfish about your reaction.

you love her.  And you want the best for her.  And as soon as you knew what the problem was, you did the best thing for her that you possibly could.

we sometimes have to pay for the love they give us, by making hard decisions.  And it hurts so much because we love them so much.

wish i could give you a proper hug.

• Like 8
Sophie's Haven

Minnie will be forever in our memories and has left a lasting paw print in yours and Tim's Heart:throb::throb:845037-1_3d.jpg

Hugs to you Both!!!

• Like 7
PipsMom

Hugs to you ❤️ Praying for you both as you adjust to life without her. She lives on in all our memories 

• Like 5
Luna

Holding your hand across the miles...

• Like 5
missy dawn

thank you everybody.yesterday evening Pam (Luna) called me and I broke down again to her. while chatting with her on my cell phone, the funeral home called hubby on his cell phone to tell him Minnie was ready.so i went and picked her up.we are going through this with Minnie ,hubby has another kidney stone,and he broke his toe 2 nights ago...Minnies urn is beautiful. i feel better now that shes back home.I miss her so much. hubby is having a hard time at night ,cause she was in his arms every single night on the bed. I dont want to go through this again. i know this is something we all will face,but it sure is hard.

• Like 11
PipsMom

Such a terrible time You and Timmy are having, I pray for you both as you continue to adjust and heal ❤️

• Like 7
missy dawn

I have called the vets office and scheduled a geriatric  exam for Maisey for next month.i want her checked out from head to toe inside and out.then Maggie will go ( but she will have to be seen outside next-door from vets office).Missy had a thorough examination in March and everything is good with her.Bristolle Noel is the picture of health.so next to be checked out is Maisey and Maggie.i just couldnt do it right now .to heavy hearted.so it's scheduled for June

• Like 7
Amy0515

Sheila, I am so very sorry!  I know your pain because I went through the same thing last year with my Fluffy.  All I did was cry and I still do.  My heart is with your and your family.  I'm saying prayers for peace for you all.  Minnie is at peace and that is what we all want for our precious fur babies.  I hope you are doing good today.  I"m thinking of you.  (((hugs)))

• Like 7
missy dawn

Today the house has been full of grandkids so it's help to keep my mind off of everything a little. Heard that song "Arms of an angel"earlier and I lost it again.time will help.

• Like 10
Missysmom

Keeping you and your hubby in my prayers, I know how awful those kidney stones are and sure hope his passes soon and uneventfully, Hugs

• Like 6
missy dawn

He hasn't passed it yet. I will be so glad when it does.

• Like 7
ParadiseTzu

Sheila, I am just now learning about your very sad news. I am so sorry I missed being able to offer you and Timmy prayers at the time but offer them now. I know how hard this is.   I am so glad you have your beautiful memories of her to help ease your pain. She was very loved and you and Timmy gave her a wonderful life. I gave my babies an extra hug and told them about Minnie.

i offer my prayers to help you through this Sheila, to Timmy thru his kidney issues and for Maggie and Maisey's checkup next month.  Also many, many hugs!

• Like 6