cant believe this happening again...

missy dawn

thank you again everybody.he still has not passed the stone.,hes having a time with this one. The house just does not seem right without Minnie, we had her for so long,now thats shes not here,things keep catching my eye,and i think its her,or I go to feed them and grab her food out too. I still have not moved her bowl or medicine from the bathroom counter,just not able to yet. All of you have been so sweet and supportive through this. Minnie had became really sick and I do find comfort in knowing shes not in any pain anymore.

• Like 8
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• missy dawn

• Missysmom

• Marlene

• Crinkly

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as many of you know,We just took a beach trip,and Minnie didnt do so well while we were there,and she LOVES the beach. took her to the doctor and... this is so hard to even write  and see through the

Taken 5 -22-16

I've cried all day.ive tried not to but...i can't hold it back.she did eat some supper but no breakfast. We got our photographer to come over. we told her what was going on and she took pictures of he

Crinkly

When Sidney died i moved everything, water, bowl, beds (there were many) so they were gone before Mr C came home.  Thought i had done a good thing, but then every time i saw the gaps, it broke my heart as badly as if they were still there.  Shoulds have done what you have, taken it more slowly, and dealt with them when i was ready.

After about a week of walking into the bedroom and him not being there, we actually moved the bedroom round.  Put the bed against a different wall and moved everything.  That helped more.

he had such a big prescence.

there is just no escaping the pain, but it does pass.  I really feel for you.  I don't ever want to forget, but i don't want the pain, just the memories.  Mine is fading, but it still blindsides me sometimes. 

Hug.

• Like 8
missy dawn

I'm a cleaner when I'm troubled or heavy hearted.so I've been going through cabinets, drawers ,closets,ect...i feel like I need to stay busy.dont know if I will feel relief or burden after Maiseys and Maggie's visit to the vets office, but I feel it's something that needs to be done. Next vacation will be a hard step, she absolutely loved vacation, even more so than the rest I think. Her and Maggie ate the same snack, now I want to change it when it runs out and give Maggie the same kind Missy eats.minnie loved those snacks so good

• Like 9
Luna

My Mom cleaned when she was upset (until she couldn't - then she wanted me to come-over and clean).  When I'm really upset I sleep.  Just differences in temperament, which we all have.  When I lost my Sam, I cried for weeks.  Every time I walked-into the kitchen in the morning (his crate was there, and he LOVED his crate to sleep-in or travel-in) I would cry again.  It took me two years to even CONSIDER another dog.  Grief takes it's own time.

• Like 6
missy dawn

That's true,it will take time, and it will become a little easier.everyone has been really sweet.i took her bowl out this morning to feed her,then realized she was not here.that was a heart stopper.p it the lid back on it and again,left it on the bathroom counter.just can't put it away

• Like 6
Missysmom

I wouldn't be in a rush to put anything away Sheila, you'll know when/if it's time. I still have some of Brigie's things out and she's been gone over two years. there are some things I'm quite sure that I will never put away, a few special toys I believe now will always be out, I can't bring myself to put them up. I too have her picture and some toys on a table and spend time there everyday..  Hugs:throb:

• Like 6
Marlene

You know.....it's strange the way things happen.  I feel very strongly I want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered some place I loved.  When our first Boxer Katie was cremated, the plan was to scatter her ashes near the beach and ocean she loved so much.  That was a long time ago and now there are 4 memorial boxes on top of the bookcase - Katie, Bo, Mack and Lulu.  All with pictures, collars and mementos.  We just can't part with them...yet. 

• Like 6
missy dawn

Molly and Minnie want be scattered out.they will always be with us., But we do have Molly's collar and name tag on the table with her picture and the little stuffed dog and scrunchie she toted around,along with her urn.so far with Minnie,we have her urn there and picture.i will be adding her collar and name tag as well..

• Like 6
ParadiseTzu

Hugs to you, Sheila.  How is Timmy doing?

• Like 4
missy dawn

Still hasn't passed the stone.having a hard time.said if he didn't pass it in a few days, he was going to the doctor.this one may be to large to pass.he has had this happen before

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
Meiko'sMom

Sending you healing thoughts and gentle hugs.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

• Like 4
missy dawn
21 hours ago, Meiko'sMom said:

Sending you healing thoughts and gentle hugs.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Thank you, I have moved Minnie's bowl, but it still has the food in it that she didn't get to eat.baby steps:(

• Like 2
Shihtzumummy2

Sending you quiet loving thoughts, and wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and your loss. I'm sure most of us have been through this time and again. Each time we have to do so, our heart strings are stretched so tightly it's hard to take in air. Peter and I had to say goodbye to our two beloved Cavalier's on the same day. Although they were old and sick, we were devistated to say the least. After the deed was done, we went back to an empty house. I thought my heart would break truly I did, and not for a moment did I ever think I'd get another dog. However very shortly after that our two boys came into our lives, we did not and never have forgotten Hadlee and Pippa, but that empty space was filled with these two rascals, and from that day to this, we have not had time to think let alone get depressed. This needless to say is not for everyone, each of us are different, and each of us need to do what is right for us. All I can say is,  I thank God and the lady who bred these two gorgeous wee boys of ours, they put right what was wrong with me and my life the moment we brought them home. Hubby is as devoted as I, in fact I think he is worse than me. He is such a good furbaby dad truly he is. Nothing is a bother, and nothing is too expensive for his two boys lol. Not the same story for me I may add (joking) xxxxx

• Like 4
missy dawn

Thank you for that, having Missy Maisey Maggie and Bristolle Noel helped ,. I will truly never forget Minnie and the memories flood me at times where I can't hold it in.i miss her so much!  

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

I know this is quite awhile after you started this post but i'm sorry for your loss. I to had to just go through this with my little joey and had and am having a hard time with not having him around any more.

I almost thought I didn't want any more dogs cause it was so hard. But now I already have another dog so there you have it. I just love having them.The love a dog is just something special.Anyway I'm sorry and hope you will

feel some peace in time. I have to keep thinking that we give them good homes and all our love and in return they give us their unconditional love always.Pretty sweet deal IMO.

• Like 4
missy dawn
8 hours ago, Splatoid said:

I know this is quite awhile after you started this post but i'm sorry for your loss. I to had to just go through this with my little joey and had and am having a hard time with not having him around any more.

I almost thought I didn't want any more dogs cause it was so hard. But now I already have another dog so there you have it. I just love having them.The love a dog is just something special.Anyway I'm sorry and hope you will

feel some peace in time. I have to keep thinking that we give them good homes and all our love and in return they give us their unconditional love always.Pretty sweet deal IMO.

Thank you, dealing with the loss of our Minnie was hard.we went to the vets office the other day , walked in and there sat a dachshund that looked like Minnie's twin.i had to take a hard swallow.eventhough I tried not to, my eyes stayed on her... things like that are hard.now this Christmas will be our first without her

• Like 3