Please Vote For Mocha, Panna, And Cannelle!

chocolatecoffee

chocolatecoffee

Hi everyone,

Last month, a beautiful little Yorkie X named Pumkin entered my life. She was found as a scared, neglected girl tied to a tire in Louisiana. A rescue I foster for flew her up here and and I was fortunate enough to foster her. In addition to an array of other health problem, she tested positive for heartworm, but we thought it was mild. However, further tested indicated that she was too far gone and the worms had actually travelled to many of her organs. In addition, a pin in her leg (which we can only assume was intended to fix a leg that had been broken in the past) was protruding and actually poking her. While this problem could have been fixed by surgery, she was not strong enough to undergo the anesthetic and we all felt it was inhumane to make her suffer any longer. Consequently, she was sent to the Bridge where she can run and play in perfect health on June 17th, 2006.

Even though Pumkin didn't make it, the cost to ship her up here and all of her tests were very expensive. In an attempt to try to raise some funds for the rescue who gave her the chance to experience love, I entered my three pups (Mocha, Panna, and Cannelle) in a Patriotic Pets Photo Contest (the grand prize is $500). However, they're losing miserably which is why I need YOU (think Uncle Sam...it is a Patriotic Photo contest after all) to PLEASE take a minute to vote and send this to your friends and family. I would be eternally grateful to you. They ask you for your e-mail to verify the vote, however nobody else I know who has voted has received any junk mail at all so don't worry.

The picture's here and it's the first picture in the forth row (Mocha, Panna, and Cannelle). Voting ends in just under two weeks on Thursday, July 27th.

If you could please, please do this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks SO much!

-Daniela

P.S. You can vote more than once with different e-mails, if you feel so inclined... :aktion033:

R.I.P. my angel...

PUmkin2.jpg

ShihtzuBeauty

What a heartbreaking story. :roflmao: I will vote everyday! :aktion033:

I voted for you I hope all is well and I hope your babies win. Good luck and you are doing a great thing. I am a rescue person too and I now have a little tzu rescue. It makes me feel so good to have done this wonderful deed in my life.

Sunlite

I voted too, can you please update this daily or one of us will try so we may continue to remember voting?

ShihtzuBeauty

I tired voting again today and it said that I've already voted from my e-mail. I voted yesterday but not today. You can vote once a day right? It won't let me. :)

Sunlite

I get the same, it won't let me cast another vote :)

Voted

ShihtzuBeauty

Ok, I was able to vote but I had to use a different e-mail from the one I used yesterday. Must only be able to vote 1 time from an e-mail and thats it, weird.

chocolatecoffee

Thank you DEDE, Chynnapink, Sunlite, Melissa, Cackle, and SamL.

And thank you for trying to vote again!!! Unfortunately, I think that it's only one vote per e-mail and that's it, which is different than other contests I've seen. However, thank you so much for trying to vote again!

We're at 143 votes, which is ONLY 121 votes behind first place! We can definitely do this! Third place still gets a prize ($100, 2nd gets $250, and 1st gets $500), and I'm sure the rescue will be more than happy if we can maintain 3rd place. I'm a little concerned because the previous picture that was in 3rd place has gotten some more votes, but we're still 51 votes ahead of them.

I am a rescue person too and I now have a little tzu rescue. It makes me feel so good to have done this wonderful deed in my life.

Congratulations! Mocha, my Shih tzu X (apparently Bichon Frise/Shih tzu X, but I doubt it), the dog on the far left in the picture, isn't a rescue as I was an idiot and didn't do enough research. However, my other two dogs, Panna (far right) and Cannelle (middle, with t-shirt), are both rescues and I'll never go back. Mocha was obviously from a BYB as she's not even purebred, but I still love her :).

Again, thank you so very much everybody. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

-Daniela

ShihtzuBeauty

Ahh, you're welcome, is it ok for us to vote using different e-mails? I do have a few, mine, hubby's and both boys. Just let me know I don't want to get you disqualified. :)

chocolatecoffee

Ahh, you're welcome, is it ok for us to vote using different e-mails? I do have a few, mine, hubby's and both boys. Just let me know I don't want to get you disqualified. :)

If you could, that would be incredible! That's what everybody else has been doing and when I read the rules, it didn't say anything about each person voting only once. All it says when you click "Vote for this Photo" is "Your full name and a valid email address are required. Only one vote is allowed per valid email address", but it doesn't say anything about only one vote per person! Basically, I think that as long as you confirm the vote, they're happy. So, if you have the time and don't mind, that would be fantastic! Thank you for spending so much time on this!!!

Thanks again!!!!!

-Daniela

ShihtzuBeauty

Hello, I voted today. I'm just using different e-mails that I have 'til I run out. Good Luck! :aktion033:

I just wanted to let you know that I've voted from all of my e-mails today. :P Good luck, I hope you win!!! :hug:

Edited by Eve
chocolatecoffee

Thank you Eve!

I'm just stopping by to update you guys on the standings. There's still one a half weeks left in which a lot can happen, but we're officially in first place with 395 votes. Meeko is in second with 320 votes and Bentley is in third with 290 votes.

Thanks so much everybody for your votes and support! Can you believe that WE'RE IN FIRST???

ShihtzuBeauty

:P I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!! :D

Shih Tzus Mama

Would like to vote but confused what the link is. Please let me know.

Sunlite

The link is here: http://www.tlcpetfood.com/contest/patrioticpets/ 4th row

I voted with a second email but when I tried with another it denied me saying I used it already when I didn't :P

I will try with anotherone tomorrow and see what happens.

chocolatecoffee

Thank you Shih tzus Mama and Sunlite!!!

:bdaycake: I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!! :bdaycake:

Thanks Eve, me too! We hit 500 today, we're currently at 512. We're 165 votes ahead of second and 212 votes ahead of third. The contest ends in one week today and we're sooo close! It's becoming more and more real by the day!

Almost there! Thanks everybody!!!

Sunlite

I have 1 more email addy which I will try tomorrow, got it to work today. :bdaycake:

chocolatecoffee

Thanks again Sunlite!!!

We just hit 543 votes, 195 votes ahead of second place! The contest ends in just under one week (Thursday, July 27th)...we're so close!!!

Thanks everyone!!! We're almost there!

Sunlite

I sure hope you stay in the lead, I'm officially out of e-mail addys :lol: :aktion033:

chocolatecoffee

Hehehe, thanks for ALL of your votes Sunlite!

Okay, it's officially the last day...just 13 more hours! We currently have a 253 vote lead. To everyone who hasn't voted, please vote! We're almost there!!! And to those who have, THANK YOU!!!