Please Vote For Mocha, Panna, And Cannelle!

chocolatecoffee

ShihtzuBeauty

Your welcome! It looks like it's in the bag. -_-

ShihtzuBeauty

:roflmao: YEAH!!! I see that you won!!!! Congrautlations!!! :o

chocolatecoffee

:angry2: YEAH!!! I see that you won!!!! Congrautlations!!! :crying:

Thank you!!!

Yep, WE WON! We ended up with 709 votes, second had 416 and third had 315.

Mocha, Panna, and Cannelle would just like to say...

thankyou.jpg

Again, thank you SO much everyone! The rescue and I REALLY appreciate all of your guys' support!

THANK YOU!!!

Sunlite

Congratulations and you're welcome :D:angry2::crying: :aktion033:

ShihtzuBeauty

Your welcome, I'm soo glad all of you won! :angry2:

• 3 weeks later...
chocolatecoffee

Thanks everyone!!!

Sorry for taking so long to update. We were having some trouble...at first, the "Submit Your Photo!" page came back, then the voting came back up, and I kept e-mailing and calling and only got a real person once. Anyways, they didn't e-mail me but somehow I got my cheque on Tuesday (I didn't give them my address so I'm not too sure how that works, but I did get it!).

Anyways, we've decided that the $500 will be the initial donation into Pumkin's Promise, which is a fund set up for medical treatment, including heartworm, for rescued dogs. We decided against it being JUST for heartworm since we wanted to make sure that all dogs receive the medical attention they need and Pumkin also had other health problems, such as the pin in her leg, that required x-rays.

Anyways, we're still not sure of much. What do you guys think of the name "Pumkin's Promise"? Originally it was Pumkin's Fund, but we wanted something different. We also thought of the slogan "To Save, To Heal, To Love", as in the animals are saved from a high-kill shelter, they're treated, and they find a forever home to love them. We were thinking of "To Love, To Heal, To Save" because they're found and loved, treated, and in the end, they're saved from a horrible fate, but we like the emphasis the first one puts on love. What do you guys think? Any other name/slogan ideas?

Also, we've decided to get those charity bracelets circulating for Pumkin's Promise (or whatever it's called). We're thinking of putting the name on the front then the slogan on the back, but do you think that would be too much? I really wanted to put "Prevent Heartworm" on the back, but the problem with that is that there's pretty much zero incidence of heartworm in my area (something about the worms need the temperature to stay above 21 C/70 F to develop properly and it never does here), so it might not make much sense. However, someone had a great idea of including a little piece of paper with the bracelets, which I'm going to put the mission statement and her story on. I'm hoping that this will be more of a publicity thing than fundraising.

Also, the same person has the idea of using the name "Pumkin" to tie in with Halloween! So I'm thinking about doing a dog costume fashion show! I think a meal might be too much for a first event (I'll have to see what the rescue thinks) so I'm thinking maybe coffee, tea, and Halloween cookies. Then I'll sell the bracelets there and also get some artistic people to carve pumpkins and use those as decorations and also auction them off at the end. This year, Halloween falls on a Tuesday so I'm hoping to do it on the Saturday before so the pumpkins don't go bad. I'm worried this might be too big for the first real event though, or that it might not be big enough. We're also hoping to have a garage sale next month to raise funds!

In case anybody wants to know that I'm not Joe Blow sitting in my basement with an extra $500 in my pocket (it's hard to believe things over the internet), the rescue was kind enough to put the information on their website: Furever After Rescue Society.

Again, thank you so much everyone! I couldn't have done this without all of you, you guys are the best!!!

ShihtzuBeauty

I Love the name Pumpkins Promise. :P I think your slogan is a good one too. I think it's wonderful what all of you are doing and all of your event planning sounds great! Good Luck and thanks for keeping us updated! :D

Sunlite

I agree, Pumpkin's Promise is a wonderful name, good luck and keep us posted!

I also agree the Pumpkin's Promise is a wonderful name. What a wonderful site. Very heartwarming and such a wonderful thing to do by helping those poor babies get loving forever homes and helping them with any medical problems.. you are a great person with a very big heart. I am so happy you won.

Good job to you & God Bless you and your work

love,

Dede and the girls.

Shih Tzus Mama

:roflmao: Yeah you won and that is great news. Congratulations!!!!! Pumkin Promise sounds so nice. Use it with our blessings and hope for a better life for all the rescued furbabies. :P

chocolatecoffee

Thanks for all of your guys' support :hug:.

Well we ordered the wristbands three days ago (five hundred of them!). They're tie-dye swirled with orange, light orange, and white. They have a heart (symbolizing both love and how heartworm was the initial cause of all of this), then "Pumkin's Promise", and then a pawprint (symbolizing Pumkin leaving her "pawprint" on the world). After that, they say "SAVE, HEAL, LOVE" and on the inside they have "www.fureverafter.org". I really, really wanted to have something to do with heartworm so we are going to have Pumkin's story with them in case someone in an area affected by heartworm buys one.

The rescue is already having an awareness picnic on September 9th, so we're going to sell the bracelets then also and we're having a garage sale on the 10th.

For our Halloween event, we're thinking that we might do a human/dog costume party with an optional contest with prizes such as most original, best coordinated between guardian and dog, etc. This is just tenative though. Then we were thinking a Christmas crafts sale and Christmas cards with Pumkin's story, in hopes that they'll be sent to areas that are affected by heartworm and raise awareness.

Oh, also, I want to set up a Paypal account to sell the wristbands to other areas, but if I receive credit card payments, it costs something like 1.5% + $0.55 + 2.9%. However, if we don't receive credit card payments, they don't charge. Do you guys think that people will be less likely to donate or puchase a wristband if they can't pay with their credit card (but can still use Paypal)?

I'm so excited! What do you guys think?

That is admirable the time you put into rescue activities...

I'm a sucker for donating...I would say paying by credit is always the easiest for most people. Keep us updated.