Liver Cake....for Dogs

Ingredients

1 pound of flour

1 pound of liver ( use the cheapest - doggies won't care )

2 eggs

Whole bulb of garlic

Method

Liquidise the liver with the eggs and garlic ( wear a mask, it will stink )

Pour into a large bowl and mix in the flour

Pour mixture into a shallow baking tray and cook at 180C, 350F, gas mark 5 for half an hour

When cooked, cool and cut into cubes and freeze until required.

Yuk but sounds good for the dogs. Thanx Rose

Sounds yummy!! :aktion033:

ok....silly question....but how do you liquidize liver??? Not sure what that means? Can you tell I am not a lover of liver! :)

ShihtzuBeauty

Maybe you put it in a blender and liquify it? Thats my guess. I Love liver & onions! Is white flour good for them? I know that I stay away from wheat.

I don't give mine many treats. If I do it usually 100% meat. My aunt has 2 Shih Tzus (one of them is Yugi's sister), she makes somthing similar to this, but she uses Jiffy corn muffin mix, livers, garlic, and cheese. Her dogs seem to love it. Both of these sound like they would be much better for your dog than the treats you get off the shelf at the store. Grains and carbs tend to make Shandi a chubby boy.....we are dieting right now :aktion033:

i-love-my-shihtzu

wow this is good..my 2 shih tzus is ok .they eat anything .but my toy poodle and yorkie is very picky..when i feed them it so hard . besause sumo and whitney eat very quick and another is so picky..just sit there and look at the food .lol.. :kiss1[1]: so i will try to cook this one for them..thank you for sharing.. :aktion033:

• 2 months later...
Mz Girlie Grrl

Ohhhhh i think this weekend i'll give these recipes a try.

So far Nico's favorite snack( well not really a snack) is a tbl spoon of cottage cheese in the mornings. He thinks he's a human i tell ya. lol :bdaycake: